• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj replacement

I would rather have a Grand Wagoneer or FS Cherokee, than a 80 or 100 series land cruiser. Just the cost of the rigs, let alone the cost difference in parts between a toyota, and jeep are vastly different. I enjoy my XJ, but I love my J20 truck. If you absolutely have to have a FJ then a FJ60 would be nice, and they are easy to swap an LS into..

Alot of interesting ideas here...

So I will add my personal input...

We have:
2006 Chrysler Town & Country
1996 XJ
2005 Mustang GT (newer to the stable: replaced our Aveo daily driver)

My Jeep was technically totaled back in May. My wife was not happy with selling it off to the insurance company, nor parting it out. Damage repair was cheap enough to not think twice about getting her driving again...

My XJ is only drive 6-12 times per year; has not been off-roaded once this year. It has been offroad, but nothing the average SUV couldn't handle. The family loves it enough they won't let me sell it.

The Mustang goes everywhere. The minivan is if we have to take more than one two kids. The Jeep is for emergency's, offroading, and crazy weather. After the accident my Jeep took, it will most likely be the first driver for my kids. Previous to my accident, there was no way in h.... I would ever let any of my kids drive it. It got too much attention from the opposite gender...

Moral...
Get a van or station wagon. Something financially logical. It is nice to have the extra vehicle in case another goes down. Plus you still have toy to tinker on and drive when you feel like it.

Lol. If you're like me, the one for the boys is taken apart.

Just to update, I bought an 01 town and country awd over the weekend, and I think it will work out much better than the suv options we were looking at (especially after I get the damn power sliding doors working right. Lol) as an upside, being awd, it will hang its tail end out on gravel. Lol

First gen mazda MPV... you could get them in 4x4 manual with a true locking center/transfer case diff. Solid axle rear, IFS front, and people swap em to a solid front axle.

Back