• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ knockles

so will it work with 15x8 rockcrawlers? what needs grinding? what do i have to do about steering? i can use the WJ calipers right and redrill the rotors? new WJ ball joints. JKS spacer and JKS trac bar over axle mount

Last edited:
Some people get by with 15" wheels, others dont. I dont think 15's would clear on my setup.

Look at the tie rod end on the draglink. Thats a 16x8, 4.5" backspacing. It barely clears the wheel at all.

steering.jpg

Mine has 15x8x3.75" BS Rock Crawlers with the Hub kit and it fits fine.

XJSpencer said:
Mine has 15x8x3.75" BS Rock Crawlers with the Hub kit and it fits fine.

Which hub kit? Which calibers? Flipped or standard steering?

how hard are these to pull at a JY? what should i take (i have never messed with knuckles) i know how to take the steering and hubs off just not the knuckles them selfs

Once you have it down to the knuckles, remove the two very large nuts on the balljoints (not that hard to remove, just a big wrench) and then whack them 1-3 times with a hammer and they will fall off.

cal said:
Which hub kit? Which calibers? Flipped or standard steering?

Warn 5x4.5 hub kit with the smaller calipers. Draglink OTK with a Big TRE. Tie rod OTK with Heims.

Let's see if I can find a pic...
This is before the new pitman.

2007_1127004.jpg

Not bad looking.

I've got the 5x5.5 hub kit sitting in the garage, was hoping you knew what was involved in the install. ;)

I think the extra .75" wheelbase on each side the hub kit provides helped with the clearance.

Take the nuts off the balljoints and whack it a few times and it'll come right off.

Mine did fine with 15x8 crawlers. I used Teves calipers with no grinding. I have about 1/8" between my calipers and rim.

Any questions you have feel free to PM me... I can take what ever pictures you need and answer any questions you need! Check out my thread in the pics...

Early WJ's had smaller "Teves" calipers, later WJ's had slightly larger "Aikibono" (spelling?) calipers.

XJSpencer said:
Warn 5x4.5 hub kit with the smaller calipers. Draglink OTK with a Big TRE. Tie rod OTK with Heims.

Let's see if I can find a pic...
This is before the new pitman.

2007_1127004.jpg

3-link? Hows the limiting straps workin out for ya? I've got extended braklines but I need em to be longer!

Its not just the calipers but also the tre clearances!

Years isn't a reliable measure. There was TSB where Teves were updated to Aikibono's and different rotors, to fix a warping problem.

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. Like a recall but different. One can include the other.

As far as steering, you can get all of the parts you need from the conversion from JKS. www.jksmfg.com

lowrange2 said:
3-link? Hows the limiting straps workin out for ya? I've got extended braklines but I need em to be longer!

The straps work great. I get a little less droop on the passenger side due to the trackbar swinging to the drivers side. It climbs very well with the straps and I still max out my articulation on both sides. I've got to relocate my brakeline brackets slightly myself. One side is just a little too short.

Cal. Follow the directions. No problem.

Back