• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winter Project - 2008

Today I yanked the drivers side fender and installed the new one.Got the last tube bent, cut cut the fender, welded a little, and re-installed the bumper (sorta).
WinterProject033.jpg

WinterProject035.jpg

WinterProject038.jpg

16 ga is nice to work with isn't it. I cut it with the cnc plasma in my classroom quite often to make signs.

Well bending the metal for the rear tube fender simply wasn't going to happen. Guess I trimmed a bit too much when I installed the Bushwhackers...lesson learned.
In this pic you can see the gap just behind and slightly below the door.
WinterProject042a.jpg

Since Had some 16ga leftover I decided to use it to plate the body at the forward part of the wheel well. This pic shows the rough contour of the plate I fabbed up..
WinterProject043.jpg

Here's the almost finished drivers side.
WinterProject044.jpg

FWIW, the gap was bigger than what it appears to be in the first pic. Probably due to the coat of rattle can I sprayed on. Nothing shows flaws or areas that need some more work like a little paint.

Welded it? Ya think it would take a decent hit? I'm wanting to do it I would tuck them in a lil closer but That's certainly something I want to do.

Why didnt you want to tie them into your front bumper? Like make a bolt on piece that will let you un hook it so take the bumper off.

They look good but what are you going to do about the holes from the bushwackers? Repaint with factory touch up?

-Alex

Looks good Frank... Hope they work well for Moab...

Back