• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winter Project - 2008

again. Very nice! I can only hope that mine grows up to be like yours someday! what lift height are you at? and... Are those 35's?

nice. I really like the look of that.

Very nice work, Frank. It's cool that your boy is into it also. Mine's about the age when I'm gonna drag him out in the garage and begin edumacating him in the ways of automotive mechanical. I really like your hoop on the t-case skid, I'm planning something similar.

Not too much progress this evening, mostly fitting parts, a little cutting, and some welding practice for my son.
08Winter070.jpg

08Winter085.jpg

08Winter074.jpg

08Winter076.jpg

that looks great! .....rust sucks don't it

tayman said:
that looks great! .....rust sucks don't it
Oh my does it ever!!

A little more progress today.
Got the drivers side rocker cut out.
08Winter091.jpg

I gotta tell ya folks, welding thin body pannels to thick steel REALLY sucks! But with a litle Bondo and some rattle-can the end result is not too shabby.:D
08Winter095.jpg

08Winter098.jpg

08Winter100.jpg

Not sure if I'll get around to replacing the doors before Moab, have to wait and see how everything else plays out.

I need to step up and offer a huge thanks to Formatt (Matt of Format Fabrications fame). Without his insight and pics I'd still be struggling with this part of the Winter Project.
THANKS MATT!!!

Not a big fan of incorperating those into the body but you made it look sharp.
I'd run the doors you got now tell after MOAB Why put new ones on just to wreak them again or are you talking about doing some tube doors?

Well it's been a while since I've had time to get some heep work accomplished. Here's a few pics of what I've been up to.
The wheel tubs needed to be trimmed and rewelded.
WinterProject002.jpg

WinterProject003.jpg

Yes I'll clen up the welds later on in the project.
Daniel worked on the heep today too. Here he is bending some tubing.
WinterProject007.jpg

Took care of the opposite side too.
WinterProject015.jpg

Tacked up and ready for some sheetmetal.
WinterProject008.jpg

Happy camper since I got some work done.
WinterProject019.jpg

lookin like the beginnings of something sweet!well maybe more than the beginnings!

Back