• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winter Project - 2008

hey Frank, still have those 'wackers laying around?

just read through all 8 pages, and im in love! you've givin me alot of great ideas.

but i have a few questions if u dont mind.

- when u did the frame stiffeners, did you wrap the 4x4 box around both sides of the frame "U"? or just outside and bottom "L".
-on your rockers, did you do it the way you did for extra clearance?or easier,stronger,cleaner look? i just wonder because for some reason it seems like that would be weaker than going to the frame?

hopefully those arnt too confusing for ya lol

thanks alot and GREAT build,
-Nick

Wow!

I've been meaning to read this thread for a while since it got resurrected, and then it came up in a search when I was looking for info on changing out the output speed sensor on the aw4 (thanks for the tip, lawsoncl) - I love this build. I think I'm going to steal your OBA air port mounting location idea.

Also, this thread is the only reason I can still drive to work... I went to NAPA, got the new filter/gasket kit for my new transmission I'm going to be putting in, came home, looked for info on how to change out the sensor, looked at the filter in your pic and went "something is wrong..." - turns out they gave me the filter+gasket kit for the 3spd that was behind the 84-86 I4+V6 and occasionally behind the 87+ I4!

Not gonna lie but this thread gave a rather horrible day in Iraq a very, very good end. Keep up the great work Frank. I've been taking a lot of notes on quite a bit of your work. It'll help me fab some stuff up for my Heep.

frank i am about to perform all you have done less the fenders. I am hoping to gain some knowledge or pictures of how you mounted the york compressor to the existing ac compressor. any help would be appreciated.

nice i like these fenders .. im doin simular . but im not gonna weld to the fender just use door trim to cover the gap how did u attach the front to the body ?welded?

I got it from A-1 off a late 70's Waggy and rebuilt it. I used a 103.8" belt.

I just got onto this site for mods on my xj. Although you have switched to a v8, do you have a write up for the air compressor mod/fab? Where you got it, how you rebuilt it, how you made it fit in place, the serpentine belt and how you ran it, how you plumbed the compressor and wired it, where you got the air tank and so on? I have been debating putting OAB v a handheld compressor connected to a battery. I like that you kept the ac as I live in AZ and most OAB fabs take the place of ac compressors.
Any info is helpful, plus the mount of the battery and its hurdles if any?

Back