• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why I won't be doing any wheeling this year.

I wouldn't go crazy narrowing the axles. Get wheels with more backspacing, especially on a front axle where it will save your scrub radius.

H2s are around 5.5" of BS IIRC, and I just kiss the bolts on the rear hubs of my 67" width rear axle. I'm not worried about it.

can you post a picture or two from the engine bay showing where the brake booster is in relation to the drivers side coilover tower? im in the process of welding in stiffeners to mount coilover hoops from and im worried about the brake booster

can you post a picture or two from the engine bay showing where the brake booster is in relation to the drivers side coilover tower? im in the process of welding in stiffeners to mount coilover hoops from and im worried about the brake booster

Here ya go:

9312.jpg

9313.jpg

You do great work sir! I too just purchased your 2nd book and it has given me some great ideas for mine. :cheers:

Wintertime is the down season for me so that means its time to address some maintenance issues. That also means the jeep gets a good cleaning rock rash gets painted over.

If you've been following my build in my 2nd book or on my website, you know that I use Ruff Stuff heims everywhere: 1.25" rod ends for my front and rear linked suspension, 7/8" rod ends for my track bar, and 3/4" rod ends for my steering. Well after two seasons of wheeling, all of the heims on my front 3-link need to be replaced. Surprisingly the heims on my rear 4-link are still good, as are the track bar and steering heims.

So how much abuse did these rod ends take? Two seasons of wheeling for me meant twice wheeling my local trails (Bud Canyon, Steve's Loop, Billy Bobs, Twister, Prison Hill, Moon Rocks, and Bronco Canyon), twice to Slick Rock Road and Deer Valley, twice through the Rubicon, once through Fordyce, and three days wheeling in Moab. Add in a few thousand miles of pavement driving and that's not too bad. But if I could find a rod end that last even longer, I would be willing to pay a little bit more.

I decided to try heims from FK Rod Ends to see how they last compared to the Ruff Stuff heims. Don't get me wrong, I am very pleased with Ruff Stuff considering how inexpensive their heims are, but if I can get more out of the FK heims it might be worth it.

So I decided to do a tech write-up for the website. See the link below...

rodcomp3.jpg

http://www.ericsxj.com/rodend/rodend.htm

I forsee you being much happier with the FK ends. I have had bad luck with injection style ends.

I went through 3 of them in one year on my trackbar. Ruffstuff warrantied them all, still couldn't figure it out. they looked at pictures of my suspension, etc.

I switched to an FK end and it has lasted a little over a year so far.

hey eric what adapeters etc did you use to hook the stainless line to your fuel pump
I used AN fittings / hose adapters. Brand was Earl's Performance (but there are others). I got all my stuff at Summit Racing. Earl's Performance website is anplumbing.com and they have some great how-to videos on how to use their fittings. Especially watch the Push On video and Hose Cutting video. Here's the link to that page:

http://www.anplumbing.com/page/3

If you need me to be more specific on the fittings I am using I might be able to help by looking at the jeep (I can't remember the exact fittings off-hand and I am horrible at writing down, and keeping, those part numbers).

Back