• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which black steelies?

Which black steelies are best?

• AR 767 15x8 4 inch Backspace 5 on 4.5

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • Cragar 397 15x8 4 inch backspace 5 on 4.5

Votes: 86 50.3%
  • cragar 342 15x8 4 inch backspace 5 on 4.5

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • other black steelies??

Votes: 32 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my US Wheels from SUmmit and got free shipping.............

USW is also made by Cragar

get the 397's. I have them and they are sweet. here's a pic...
228699_7_full.jpg

Jason

I have to replace 2 rims that are beat to hell on my XJ and just placed an order for 2 of the Series 97s from 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers here in town. Got them for $38 ea in the 15x8 w/ 3.75" BS falvor. Should have them on Monday. I plan on getting 2 more in a couple of weeks for a complete set. I will post pics on Monday after I have the tires mounted.

Pro Comp Extreme Steel Rock crawlers.no silly looking stripes this rim is all business.Im running the 15x8 with3.75 backspacing.love em.My jeep is gold and the black rims really set it off.

Without a lift and with 30-9.5x15, will these wheels fit without rubbing?

I like the Rock Crawler 97's.

JMotorsprt said:
Without a lift and with 30-9.5x15, will these wheels fit without rubbing?

I like the Rock Crawler 97's.
generally, 30x9.5s should fit, but they don't on mine...They're M/Ts (2 Bridgestones and 2 Coopers, I think). They rub when I turn and when I hit bumps. But a BB will soon fix that...

Blackash132 said:
Man I have seen this pic a few times... I just gotta say that's a really nice lookin jeep, Simple but I really like it.

Thanks, here's a more appropriate pic:
228699_14_full.jpg

397's all the way, i've alredy put a few dings in mine, but a hammer fixed that in a few seconds.

Jason

I also voted for the Black Rockcawlers. clean and simple.
I can see how the stripes could be considered patriotic, but I like my support our troops sticker more than stripes on wheels

I finally got them... the Cragar soft 8's. Love the way they look. they rubbed a bit on the flares, so i swapped my blue body match flares for my dad's black flares. then i trimmed them up so i wouldn't rub. Plenty of room now.
229745508jbPfvr_ph.jpg

Do you really need a poll for this? Buy the cheapest one you can find that you like.

If you want a little bit of a different look from everyone else with black steelies, try these. www.tyres1.com

NewRims4.jpg

NewRims1.jpg

NewTires2.jpg

atticatrip12.jpg

Trend setter. LOL I had a very similar wheel on my old Bronco II.

I like them - nice price too.

r@m

MyXJsig.jpg

Here they are in the 16x8 variety with 5.00 BS. I'm not so sure why the 4.0 BS is so popular. I would think 4.5 would be the best choice for most. I chose 5.00 because with my tire size they would stuff yet not stick out too much. They dont rub anything at 4.25" lift, 245x75x16 tires (31x9.50's).

You have a picture from the front? How far under the flare or stickiing out are the tires is what I would like to see.

r@m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back