• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ DD build

Who can school me on why my clutch is near the top of the throw now? And brakes are iffy.. I know there is a direct correlation. And it looks like this ax15 has been swapped for an external slave so thats a bonus.. I recall the po saying something about the trans being out just cant remember what.

Bleed it, if all else fails. Swap in a new slave.

Bleed brakes and clutch

I'll try pulling the slave and pushing the rod a couple times

Went and pulled the mj tail lights and the wagoner tails. Gonna put those on eBay unless somebody needs/wants them here I'll give them a good deal

Let's make a deal for those lamp asy's, Pat! You have my number.

Busted out this over the last couple days... A plasma or even an oxy/acet torch would be awesome hahah but I'm making do with my cutoff wheels and $20 drill press.
Built this trailer for a guys massive 4 wheelers. Made it so one of the sides folds down w/ ramps to side load one of the ATV's. Have been doing some other side work to scrape by. School's been awesome and I bent out some coupons for 4G GMAW/FCAW cert. :D

Tied in with the steering box and 3 extra bolts on the passenger side. Going to have a hidden winch in it eventually. Corners are getting 3/8" flat plate w/ reinforcement in the corners back to the frame mounts. Looks like a batman bumper right now lol.

Debating on a 60/60 build geared 5.89 with 40's.. Or keep it somewhat nice to drive across country and 44/8.8 geared 5.13 and 37s. Wish there was 5.38 for the 8.8 AFAIK there isn't maybe somebody knows somewhere that does? Ditching the AX-15 for an Aw4 and 231. SYE custom drive shafts 3 link front keeping the coils and leafs.

Pat, man that bumper looks good. Your fab skills have really improved. Really impressed man!

Thanks man! Would really like a few new tools to help the process.. Used maybe 1/6th of the sheet of 3/16 I have lol... So really cost about $20 to make aside from the consumables.

Looks good man I follow this build and the other build both are very nice.

Looking good. I'd say 44/8.8 or a 9" on 37's for a dual purpose rig that drives killer on the road works in the rocks and capable of some fast desert running.

Been a bit...

I've got everything to swap to 4wd on this aside from some front 4.10 gears.. Hoping to find somebody local that regeared their YJ. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to swap the AX-15 to an AW4. Would much rather have one rig manual. Plus theres a bit of added work to swap from man to auto.

Mariah's head gasket blew on the ZJ we drove out here. 235k on the odo isn't too shabby. Having the head resurfaced and checked for cracks but I think it's ok.

Got some flush mount lights looks pretty good. Still haven't bought a winch yet to do the hidden winch mount.

Also got a good deal on some 35" Cooper STT's. 5 for 500 with tons of tread. I had some near new MTR Kevlars in the 37" flavor I had to offload since it's just not possible for me to build the axles and rig I want to run those and drive it the 3,000 miles back home.

Keep it manual mang. I am having a blast skooting around with the stick in my jeep. Much more seat if the pants power and control. Youll need lower tcase gears and a hand throttle for rocks though. Not a must but its nice. Ask kev about it. He rocks a stick too.

That thing looks awesome.

Yeah I may just have to make the drive up to NC and grab a 95 AX-15 that Ghost has. If it's the right price I'll make a weekend of it and do some sight seeing and then just sell the AW4 I got.

Thanks dude but the MJ bench is a bit different from 2 door or mj buckets.. I'll make something happen though! Was going to turn the bench seat into a little garage couchReally need a center console now :D Was a nice dash and console at the pickapart.. Like mint tan one but I was too lazy to pull it all

Back