• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

And as for the Chinese upgrade, I don't dig it much. But yes, I do want a 2001 for all the extras.

oh and as for getting stuff done to my jeep. i took the rear sway bar off and didnt get the shackles installed due to a continued fight with my family about my jeep.

nothing to my rig but....

I removed the tank in my soon to be DD. So I could replace the fuel pump. The old one was just clicking even being hooked direct. So now the DD that was not running when I got it is running great, except for the common exhaust manifold leak.

Got all the scrap and junk metal from the build from the last year or so. Lots of D30 crap and various other ford 8.8, D60 and 14BFF junk in there. The hitch is going to drag if we hit a bump to fast.

3899146882_e0657689b2_b.jpg

As of yesterday mine could have easily returned to stock... Finally got around to cutting my front fenders. So much more room now!

finally drove it with the new 4.56's and limited slips in! Got the ruffstuff covers on, got the front center piece of the iron scorpion bumper tacked in (ok i just held that piece) got the new tires/wheels mounted and got the crok rear bumper on-it was a long day i had to drive 8 hours to work on it to begin with
ONE sneak peek picture before it ends up at SuperLift sorry its a cell phone pic
IMG00025.jpg

Very niiiice..... I pulled the inspection plate off of my bellhousing to diagnose what was making all that racket in there. Just as I suspected my torque converter bolts had loosened up, and it was rattling at low RPM's. Took the bolts out, added some locktight, and torqued them back down. No more rattle!!!

i woke up, to someone saying my jeep wont move or start, something about the gear shift not working. i should really idiot proof my jeep, people keep breaking it.

finally drove it with the new 4.56's and limited slips in! Got the ruffstuff covers on, got the front center piece of the iron scorpion bumper tacked in (ok i just held that piece) got the new tires/wheels mounted and got the crok rear bumper on-it was a long day i had to drive 8 hours to work on it to begin with
ONE sneak peek picture before it ends up at SuperLift sorry its a cell phone pic
IMG00025.jpg

That's the exact same wheel/tire set up I just got. I'm lovin those bighorns.

And as for the Chinese upgrade, I don't dig it much. But yes, I do want a 2001 for all the extras.

Eh? Correct me if I'm wrong, but what's different between an '01 and the '99? Except the LPd30 and the new ignition?

i woke up, to someone saying my jeep wont move or start, something about the gear shift not working. i should really idiot proof my jeep, people keep breaking it.

wow, this is a new low. someone tried to start my jeep with Chrysler key, and locked up my steering column.

Eh? Correct me if I'm wrong, but what's different between an '01 and the '99? Except the LPd30 and the new ignition?

I'm not sure.

Replaced hub assembly on the passenger side with a Timken hub. You can do it really quickly when you've done it about 6 times...

090920-145131.jpg

Picked up some cable locks to get my parking brake finally setup. Jack the jeep up, pulled the wheels off, tried to get the cable in and realize the clip that holds the cable in place isn't going to work. Got frustrated, cursed loudly, threw a few things, put the Jeep back together and went inside.

Anyone have an LJ or an STI theyd like to trade for a good XJ? :D

Picked up some cable locks to get my parking brake finally setup. Jack the jeep up, pulled the wheels off, tried to get the cable in and realize the clip that holds the cable in place isn't going to work. Got frustrated, cursed loudly, threw a few things, put the Jeep back together and went inside.

Anyone have an LJ or an STI theyd like to trade for a good XJ? :D

dirtyimpreza.com
you and me bother are in the scooby crazy.

Back