• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

people should not be afraid of the governments. its the governments that should be afraid of its people.
Amen.

Fight With Tools! :farmer:

AmericaWillBe.org

i lifted the front end of my XJ, didnt lift the rear cause my 13/16th deep socket and wrench are missing to take the shackles off. i'll do that tomorrow after going to lowes again.

pics:
IMAGE_273.jpg

IMAGE_274.jpg

IMAGE_275.jpg

IMAGE_275.jpg

IMAGE_277.jpg

IMAGE_278.jpg

Nice garage floor. Spill some oil on it.

Had to take the steering column apart again to figure out why my high beams aren't working. In the process of fixing it, I broke the plastic piece that pushes down on ANOTHER plastic piece that pushes down the high beam rod.

partofwhat.jpg

partofwhat2.jpg

I hate steering columns!!!!

:smsoap::smsoap::smsoap:

If your Jeep is also blessed with the GM tilt steering column, this link is awesome.

When I get back in town in about an hour I am gonna trim the front fenders and cut off the original UCA mounts (I has long arms yay!!!)

Yeah I can't wait till I install mine.

Yeah I can't wait till I install mine.

Well....... install them already:repair:
they better be on by ROM :twak:eek:r I might have to go over there the night before ROM and help put them on like the last minutes items last trip......:cheers::cheers:

I tried to start DG's XJ....

Notice I said TRIED. :(

Friday, I went to her place to get it so I could replace bushing, tie rod, rotate tires, check fluids, etc. to go to Bridgeport this weekend. When I turned the key, nothing.

The battery was completely dead, I so love Optimas.... After slowly charging it all day and night, still not cranking.

Yesterday, while trying to jump it with the FSJ, it wasn't pulling power from my Heep when I tried to start it...heck, it wasn't even dimming the head lights. I tried it in both Park and Neutral in case it was the silly safety switch. No change. So, I went and got my charger and let it sit.

I strongly suspect that damn Alpine alarm. It has given her nothing but grief since she bought the rig. So, I guess tomorrows project will be to pull the dash and rip the alarm out and check the starting circuit. This does not mesh well with my laziness! :D

Well....... install them already:repair:
they better be on by ROM :twak:eek:r I might have to go over there the night before ROM and help put them on like the last minutes items last trip......:cheers::cheers:

I am still in the part collection phase. I will be having a wrench-a-thon late Jan or early Feb.

And I will be inviting you and Rich. With you two here, We should be about to get everything done in one day.

Who's gunna help me with my Jeep?

There are enough members in the DFW area.

Who's gunna help me with my Jeep?

Either set up a wrenching party or your place or get your XJ ready to be towed to the wrenching party of another. ;)

Oh, and btw....I'm curious. Your reason for wanting an '01 seems to stem from wanting the bling that comes with a new model. Have you considered doing the "Chinese upgrade" to yours? You can, for not a lot of money, make your current XJ mimic a WJ, albeit boxier.

Stickers, stickers, stickers!!!!! LOL

Either set up a wrenching party or your place or get your XJ ready to be towed to the wrenching party of another. ;)

Oh, and btw....I'm curious. Your reason for wanting an '01 seems to stem from wanting the bling that comes with a new model. Have you considered doing the "Chinese upgrade" to yours? You can, for not a lot of money, make your current XJ mimic a WJ, albeit boxier.

X2 If you were closer I would come help/fix your jeep Sparty.

That Chinese Cherokee crap looks like ass in my opinion. But hey I do not count as you (Sparty) will be driving it not me.

Well I found out that the DD I just got just needs a fuel pump. Its a good thing I picked one up in the anticipation of it being bad. So now I have to get the bad gas out of the tank so I can replace the fuel pump and sender. I will probably do that in the AM when it is cooler.

It's not a good idea to do major wrenching at my house. It sits at the very top of the tallest hill. lol. And let me collect extra funds to cover needed parts and beer.

Back