• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Western Trek (July 2007)

Randy,

Have fun! Look forward to hearing how your trip went!

Glen

Drive safe man. Gimme a call if you need anything...:callme:

Day 2 - The day that almost wasn't!

Why was it almost not? Well, when I got close to the Nebraska border, not only was my Jeep running very warn and almost overheating, but my transmission wasn't shifting properly.......

I decided to stop and get dinner at Country Kitchen and then turn around and head home. Luckily after dinner I scanned my check engine codes and was able to clear it causing the shifting problem to go away. Then I decided to make it to Denver by morning in order to fix the overheating problem. During the night I was able to drive with no issues since it was cool out, but as soon as it warmed up, I had to turn the heat on to keep the vehicle cool enough. I ended up only sleeping 1.5 hours last night (as still haven;t got any more than that), making it to Denver by 9am and replacing my whole cooling system (with a big help from Mark) by around 3pm. I was still able to stop at Sonic for dinner and make it to the Sawatch Range by 5pm so I could run a trail or two and keep on schedule!

What a day!

Anyways, here I am getting ready to head to bed at Chalk Creek campground in Nathrop.....so I can explore some more tomorrow (plus make up for my lack of sleep last night). It feels great to be back in Colorado again!

But I will leave you with a couple of pictures I have taken so far. Enjoy :)

Fixing my Jeep in Denver:

IMG_4765.JPG

Sevenmile Road:

IMG_4786.JPG

IMG_4803.JPG

IMG_4813.JPG

Now I am off to bed.....goodnight!

WOW...when you said "turn around and head home" my heart stopped!

Glad your able to fix and keep running west. Love the pic of sevenmile. If you get anywhere near Telluride airport and have a few hours hit last dollar hwy...nice scenic run.

Edit;..Nighty Night..

nothing like a little excitement to get you started..
..glad you got her fixed, and glad you are in the mountains.

a single nights rest in that fresh air will cure any ailment.
in my book, one night sleeping in the mountains is more peaceful and rejuvinating than a weeks worth of city sleep.

awesome!

keep up the good work.

Back