• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Western Trek (July 2007)

Maybe I missed it, but what mods have you done to your XJ?

Fish'nCarz said:
Maybe I missed it, but what mods have you done to your XJ?

Well, let me start off by saying, that this XJ is still a work in progress, because it's not quite modified the way I want. I bought it in February, and in order to get it ready for this trip, I ended up using a lot of parts that I had laying around the garage in order to get it ready in time (for example, I'm planning on a T&T front suspension, better leaf spring i the rear and better shocks for high speed stuff).

But, right now, here's where it's at....

Suspension
-----------

- RE 4.5" coils and leaf springs
- MJ shackles in the rear with an added stock coil isolater in the front to level it out
- JKS upper and lower contol arms
- OME long travel shocks
- Kevins Trackbar Conversion

Tires / Wheels
-------------

- 32x11.5x15 Maxxis Bighorns
- 15x7 Steel Wheels with 4.25 BackSpacing

Bumpers & Armor
----------------

- Front Protofab4x4 bumper
- Rear Custom4x4fabrication bumper with tire carrier
- Skid Row Gas Tank Skid
- Warn TC skid
- AJ's Super Rails

Driveline
--------

- Swapped in a HP D30 and added 4.56 gears, Aussie locker & Alloy USA shafts
- Rear 8.25 with 4.56 gears, No-Slip and disc brakes
- Tom Woods Rear Driveshaft
- PORC SYE
- Tera 2Lo

Misc
----

- Warn M8000 winch
- Surco Roof Rack
- PIAA lights
- Optima Red Top

...that's all I can remember right now. If you have any more specific questions about the build, feel free to ask :)

I know its bad etiquette to bump a really old thread, but .....

I sat down tonight to watch a movie, but like usual, decided to check NAXJA real quick and ran across this thread.

Needless to say, I didn't watch my movie tonight. I read through this whole thread and I can honestly say its one of the best I've ever seen. Fantastic job! Thanks so much for taking the time to detail everything out and take such great pictures.

Like others have said, this is truly an inspiration. But more than that, it lets the rest of us feel, even if just a little bit, like we were able to go on a trip like this.

When you were talking about your fear of heights, it reminded me of when I went to Washington and drove around the Olympic peninsula. Visited Mt. Ranier and such, those roads freak me out. You can literally plunge 8,000ft if you drive of the road!!

Scary.

Don't worry. Hang around NAXJA long enough you will learn to hate Randy just a little bit for all the cool things he sees on a regular basis.

I have told him repeatedly that I hate him but he doesn't believe me? :D

Back