• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another 0331 bites the dust!

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
My oldest grandson has been driving "lil sis" for the past few years. He parked it yesterday with "water in the oil" and "oil in the water"! I don't know until I pull the head what exactly my plan will be going forward.

Dang that sucks, how many miles did she make it?

Just did mine last week with a replacement head from Clearwater. I think mine might have been only a very slightly bad head gasket but there is no way I was going to throw that ticking time bomb back on the engine. The head gasket on there was not stock and was one of the thin MLS all metal ones, which I would not recommend.

I was pretty impressed with the quality of the Clearwater head. My only complaint is the little groove where the thermostat sits isn't cut as deep as the OEM head so the thermostat sticks out too far and was difficult to seal up the housing against the head.

I have a CCH head on my stroker that Russ did a port/polish plus big valves so I am confident with there heads!

Well the heads off, didn't see any hard core issues other than than the head had been welded on??? A new CCH head is on it's way! The lower still looks pretty good so I'm going to try a new head by itself and see how far it goes with that.

Almost everything but the head came in today. The head will be here Friday but I'm replacing all the hoses, waterpump,t-stat and housing along with new head bolts and manifold studs/nuts.

Back