• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Duck River isn't far from here.

Has anyone ever done this park in Tennessee - Ride Royal Blue? I just heard about it last weekend. The website shows it to be geared towards side by sides, but when I called the lady said there are plenty of Jeep trails.

https://rideroyalblue.com/groups.cfm

I'm trying to get a handle on the number of parks in Tennessee to ride. My goal is get on all of them by the end of the year.

I've hit:
-Golden Mountain
-Hale Mountain (although that may be in AL)
-Wooly's
-Adventure Off-Road
-Coppingers Cove

I think that leaves me with:
-Windrock (is this the same as Coal Creek and Oliver Springs - I hear reference to all 3 names)
-Ride Royal Blue
-Wheelin in the Country
-Bikini Bottoms Off Road
-Brimstone

Last edited:
Has anyone ever done this park in Tennessee - Ride Royal Blue? I just heard about it last weekend. The website shows it to be geared towards side by sides, but when I called the lady said there are plenty of Jeep trails.

https://rideroyalblue.com/groups.cfm

I'm trying to get a handle on the number of parks in Tennessee to ride. My goal is get on all of them by the end of the year.

I've hit:
-Golden Mountain
-Hale Mountain (although that may be in AL)
-Wooly's
-Adventure Off-Road
-Coppingers Cove

I think that leaves me with:
-Windrock (is this the same as Coal Creek and Oliver Springs - I hear reference to all 3 names)
-Ride Royal Blue
-Wheelin in the Country
-Bikini Bottoms Off Road
-Brimstone

Gosh. You don't have to run it in :( I think Tennessee has more parks than NC/VA has trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent the weekend and little bits of the week getting this girl ready to sell for a friend.

AmqiaoQ.jpg

Made my first stop of the new year at a gas station with my Grand Cherokee. You think that a tank of gas should last longer than 47 days.

Well I'm back from Peru, it was absolutely miserable as you can see from these 3 pictures. Guess it's time to look for a new job and/or consider where I want to go for my next trip!

P1050008.jpg

It was my first time sandboarding, and I'm a skier not a snowboarder, so I fell a lot. It's so dry here (not even a cactus is growing as far as you can see) that they pave the roads out of excess salt from the de-salination plant that provides water for the towns on the coast. I've never seen such a drier place in the world. Actually, the Atacama desert is the driest place outside of Antarctica, so I guess that's really no surprise.
P1050195.jpg

Going from living close to sea level to hiking at over 13,000 ft, a few days were pretty bad, mild altitude sickness and a lot of dizziness, but pushed through it (coca leaf really does help). Those Incans did not build easy trails to their settlements, they must have been in amazing physical shape, no wonder they were able to conquer so many surrounding regions
P1070053.jpg

Last edited:
Spent all day today replacing the wheel bearings and seals on my new to me WJ. Picked it up for $600. It needed some work but it's running. All that's left on the todo list with it is pinion seals and replace a leaking freeze plug

I took a pic of mine then put air in one of the leaky roller tires.Then posted a question in mod tech about best $2k budget long arm system to buy with little or no fab work involved. So that counts for something I guess :D

Spent yesterday dragging a HMMV trailer around Uwharrie hauling rocks.... Today I head to concord....

Busy week last week. Not much of anything done to the Jeeps.

Looked at a WKII Limited last night. Pipe dream - never get it. a 2016(used) with 1800 miles on it. Guy bought it and returned it immediately due to financial issues. Selling for $34000 - down from mid $50s new.

Best part - eco-diesel. 8000 tow rating and 30 mpg

it was a nice truck.

Last edited:
Busy week last week. Not much of anything done to the Jeeps.

Looked at a WKII Limited last night. Pipe dream - never get it. a 2016(used) with 1800 miles on it. Guy bought it and returned it immediately due to financial issues. Selling for $34000 - down from mid $50s new.

Best part - eco-diesel. 8000 tow rating and 30 mpg

it was a nice truck.

Nice! I would not mind one of the new Diesel's. I wonder how they would tow my pig....

Got my sliders in Thursday, painted and spent Friday morning installing them for the weekend trip.
Drive out to Windrock that morning, started setting up camp
Heavy rain all night made for a light show while sleeping and we knew the trails would be great.
After the morning routine he headed out to revisit B11 that gave us trouble last time. The rain has done a number on G1 and it was much rougher than I have ever seen it. Knocking out B11 we pushed in more to B50 and B51 before requiring to head back. I'm still waiting for all the photos and video to come back to me. Overall a great day.
Back to camp and wake for Sunday. We had limited time to run a trail but found a great one that had lots of hill climbs, water crossings, tight turns and off camber situations. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we got much photos.

Next was the caravan home and Monday me and a buddy went and picked up a YJ.

Busy, fun and productive weekend.

Replaced the evap in my wifes TJ. I spent a fair bit of time looking for a leak and finally conceded that it had to be in the evap. Tore into it Sunday afternoon unknowing if the leak existed. Found it. Finished up 1ish this AM. I somehow mangled the vacuum selector switch but that's easy to replace. It held a vacuum longer than any prior tests so I think its good to go now.

It was a Wrangler weekend for me, but at least it started out with me getting a replacement tire for the XJ, a extra off-road spare and giving her a good wash.

Finally removed the poor, old, and partially destroyed factory step bumper from the MJ. It held up pretty damn well through 4 trips to Harlan. But it's time for more clearance and something a touch stronger. Once installed will still be able to open and close tailgate. Now still have to get front leaves parallel finally and then try to rebuild t-case. I actually miss driving this thing on the street but 25 MPH is all she has with low range only.

Also raised and flipped the hitch to gain some clearance too.

I just found two wrecked Cherokees, both right hand drive European spec. Left a voicemail to see if either or both are for sale

Back