• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I spent last Thursday evening replacing a freeze plug in my WJ. I've been babying this leak for a couple months and finally got around to fixing it.

I then spent Saturday afternoon rebuilding the PS box on the big jeep. I went to the Flats 2 weeks ago and blew the output seals on the box. I picked up replacements Friday morning. Got it all back together yesterday afternoon. Now just have to clean up the frame and engine bay where it puked fluid everywhere.

Adam did you rebuild the whole pump or just the shaft seals?

Adam did you rebuild the whole pump or just the shaft seals?

Just the output seals. I rebuilt the whole box back when I taped it for hydro assist. I know why they blew and it was my fault. 1) I had the aluminum spacer between the seals instead of between the lower seal and the snap ring. 2) with the new wristed radius arm I have, the heim joints would max out with drooping the passenger side. This caused a bending moment on the output shaft.

I have fixed all the above and I'm now debating on an output shaft support bearing similar to what Andy makes for extra insurance

Just the output seals. I rebuilt the whole box back when I taped it for hydro assist. I know why they blew and it was my fault. 1) I had the aluminum spacer between the seals instead of between the lower seal and the snap ring. 2) with the new wristed radius arm I have, the heim joints would max out with drooping the passenger side. This caused a bending moment on the output shaft.

I have fixed all the above and I'm now debating on an output shaft support bearing similar to what Andy makes.

Yea I will put that on the next jeep that is in the shop gathering parts..... I'll also get one for the Ghost when she gets her rebuild.

There is a Jeep some of y'all might recognize on page 98 of the July issue of JP Magazine.

NAXJA got a mention, too.

There is a Jeep some of y'all might recognize on page 98 of the July issue of JP Magazine.

NAXJA got a mention, too.

It looks like I'm on a quest to find the new JP issue. I hear it also has an article on how to change out the heater core on a early type XJ.

It looks like I'm on a quest to find the new JP issue. I hear it also has an article on how to change out the heater core on a early type XJ.

I would not know where to find that around here......

I was just at Books-A-Million Saturday and they have downsized their magazine selection substantially. I looked for JP and couldn't find it. I'm going to try Wal-Mart at lunch.

Barnes and Noble has them....and yes Ed, there is a good article on the heater box install.

I'll be buying a few more copies - and some frames...

No dice on the magazine during my lunch run to Wal-Mart. I did pick up a new clutch fan for the '94.

I'll stop by Barnes & Noble in the 'Boro on the way home.

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Parked the jeep in January and got lazy. Finally got around to working on it again a couple of weeks ago when I replaced the 1-ton steering with a B. Lee Offroad Heim setup. Pretty happy with the results so far, just need to dial in the alignment a little better. Next up is to replace the suspension with the brand new Rubicon Express kit I have sitting on the floor. After that i'll tackle painting and installing the Loagn's Metal winch bumper I picked up at the Crawl last year, as well as their swing out rear bumper that should be here sometime next week (fingers crossed).

It'll be nice to eventually get this thing back together and wheel again. Seems like every weekend for the last several months has had plans, be it for me or for my girlfriend. Been through a lot of changes at work (some good, some bad) and have been working 50+ hour weeks since the fall as well, which hasn't helped.

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Parked the jeep in January and got lazy. Finally got around to working on it again a couple of weeks ago when I replaced the 1-ton steering with a B. Lee Offroad Heim setup. Pretty happy with the results so far, just need to dial in the alignment a little better. Next up is to replace the suspension with the brand new Rubicon Express kit I have sitting on the floor. After that i'll tackle painting and installing the Loagn's Metal winch bumper I picked up at the Crawl last year, as well as their swing out rear bumper that should be here sometime next week (fingers crossed).

It'll be nice to eventually get this thing back together and wheel again. Seems like every weekend for the last several months has had plans, be it for me or for my girlfriend. Been through a lot of changes at work (some good, some bad) and have been working 50+ hour weeks since the fall as well, which hasn't helped.

What Rubicon Express kit do you have to install? I didn't know you were swapping it out.

Do you still have that winch for the bumper?

Hollar if you want some help on that install on a Saturday....... :wave1:

Had a good day at The SHOP:

Wheeled with an old NAXJA friend:

Had a good day at The SHOP:

Wheeled with an old NAXJA friend:

Looks good Glen! I haven't been to the shop yet but I hear it is gnarly. Glad GHOST keeps on putting up the fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good Glen! I haven't been to the shop yet but I hear it is gnarly. Glad GHOST keeps on putting up the fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty wicked from what I saw. A lot like Gulches but bigger and only about an hour half further for me. Bonus is the Flats is less than 10 miles away. I'll be going back and maybe hitting both in one weekend. This weekend I'm meeting 92_beater at Broken Nut.

Wheelin'..............what's that??

Front end got re-geared on Friday. So now I have a matching set of 4.56 geared axles!

Finally installed the braided stainless extended brake lines on the front.

Also I learned a very important lesson: Do NOT use Chinese hubs on a lifted XJ. The driver side gave up after roughly 150 miles.

I just put on some new Rain-X wiper blades on my XJ. While trying to remove the rear, I ended up breaking the pot metal arm. Now I have to find another.

I just put on some new Rain-X wiper blades on my XJ. While trying to remove the rear, I ended up breaking the pot metal arm. Now I have to find another.

I might have a couple...... :wave1:

I might have a couple...... :wave1:

I might have one but I've got to look. I've got so much junk I don't know what I've got anymore.

Back