• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I found a fuel leak on the feed line on the fuel rail on the 1994 Cherokee. I thought it would be a simple fix but after two days it's still not repaired. I tried replacing the O-rings first and no auto parts place in town sells the correct size. After multiple trips to town to try that, I gave up and bought some fuel injection hose clamps and some 3/8" fuel line to totally do away with the coupler. The problem here is while the 3/8" fits my fuel rail fine, it is way oversize for the steel line from the pump. It is more like a 5/16".

I'm going to buy some different hose and we have a Milwaukee heat gun so maybe we can make it pliable enough to fit over the flange on the fuel rail inlet. My fingers are crossed.

My last resort is to rob a line off of a 1992 model owned by High2by that is sitting by my shop. He did give me permission.

I replaced mine with some size from a Metric/SAE Harbor fright variety set. The others on the injectors you can get behind the counter.

This thread might help too: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1086841

I think I missed this thread when searching. My town only has an Autozone and O'Reilly's that were open on Saturday and Sunday. If I knew NAPA actually stocked individual O-rings, I'd have made the trip to a different town or waited for a weekday for them to be open. AZ and O don't have o-rings (fuel resistant) loose. They all came in those dumb "Help" kits. It's too late now as I've cut the end of the hose off at the metal line.

If everything works out like I'd like for it to work out then I might be converting to the dark side.

But I'll leave it at that.

Trading that xj that is for sale for a yota or some other junk?

I need a full width rear axle to match my full size front so if you see one CHEAP let me know. If I hear of anyone looking for a heep I'll send them your way.

I have no idea what front axle you have. 8 lug? You looking for a 14B or ?

Dana 44 Ford.... 77ish.... So something in the 64" width size.... No boat anchors please! There is a Dana 60 van axle in Columbia on CL that I thought about getting.

I'd run a full width 8.8. Dirt cheap and they're everywhere.

Yea the pull a part in Columbia has a lot of possibilities but I'm concerned about running a c clip axle because this build will most likely see clutch dumps and other abusive behavior........ :D

Had the distinct pleasure of hanging out at "Club R" in Fort Wayne last night.

That Mac guy is a good dude. Last time I was there this past summer he was tearing apart that monster of a home on wheels he owns.

Saturday I fixed my fuel line leak in the 1994 XJ, put the front driveshaft back in the 1998 Grand and swapped out a rear tire I had fixed, and swapped the thermostat in the 1998 XJ. The best part was everything pretty much went as expected and pretty smooth. What a relief.

Replaced the signal light/headlight mulit function switch in the 98 ,,,,again.Lasted 7 months
96 is down with bad starter(7yrs old) battery (5yrs) and NSS switch 426,000 miles. Starting the year off right.....

*thinking out loud*

I put some junk rollers on mine and moved it out of the garage to get it out of my way. I'm really beginning to debate whether or not I'll move forward with it. It needs too much of my money and time for me to be happy with it, and I don't have much of either that I'm readily willing to give up for it.

At this point, Pitt Bull Tires has refunded my money for the 35's and will recharge me when they actually have them in stock and are ready to ship. With the exception of the front coils and shocks, my entire suspension system is worn out and needs to be replaced. I still need a set of wheels to replace the ones I sold with my old tires, and I still need to rewire the PO's rat nest fire hazard and do the 2x6 rockers.

Tires, wheels, suspension, wiring and rockers will cost in the neighborhood of $3000- $3500. Doesn't seem like the smart thing to do to an XJ I'd be extremely lucky to get $3,000 for when it's all said and done, especially when I only go out a handful of times per year.

Not gonna make any rash decisions about it, though. It's not doing anything other than occupying a bit of space in the yard until I decide what to do.

I went camping.

CFW2017-2_zpsmibfnnal.jpg

Back