• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upgrading to a d44 rear build thread

Thanks for the kind words, and :eek: I had no idea that they were $50 per clamp. I've got a small gold mine in my clamp drawer!

Followup on the axle. We took the XJ and a buddy's LJ to Harlan, KY the first part of November and it did great! I'm loving the controll of the 4.88's with 33's and being locked front and rear was another great addition. It seemed like I had all the control in the world compared to past trips.

Here's a vid from the trip, gotta love the muddy rocks...

http://www.vimeo.com/2212156

hey Lapis, you never elaborated on what you did to the shock mounts, I think, I'm doing this same job soon and will be using this write up as a source, hope I can contact you for any problems?

I don't mind at all, just shoot me a PM or post up here.

As for the shock mounts....

IMG_9691-800.jpg

IMG_9692-800.jpg

IMG_9693-800.jpg

IMG_9694-800.jpg

IMG_9695-800.jpg

The shock mounts I torched off the donor 35. With a little grinding I got them to the right angle and they work pretty well. Not as thick as I would have liked but they are tucked high and the bolt's in double shear so they work. I went through many hours of head scratching to come down to this.

The shocks are Bilstein 5125's

looks great lapis, just started mine today, got everything torn apart. I'll pm you.

Back