• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans or tq converter issue?

Egodfrey

NAXJA Forum User
First off I haven't been here in ages, I don't even know if I ever posted my new cage work here.

Anyway I've had a issue with my jeep that I cant seem to quite narrow down. So when my jeep is cool and tcase is in high Trans in drive it goes just fine. Now once it's warmed up if the tcase is in high and I hit the gas it barely wants to move. But if the atlas is in low it goes no issue.

By the way hope your all doing well!

Erik

Sounds like it's starting in high gear . I had that happen once after I overheated the hell out of my aw4 flogging the balls off it in the snow .

I have a spare aw4 and a spare tq converter in the garage. They came out of a chance with 180k but ran fine when pulled, I drove it myself.

Could be the solenoids but honestly I'm not to sure because the issue went away before I got to dig into it deeper . I'm sure someone will chime in soon .

Back