• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

I do the earthquake test now every time I jack it up. I put it on the stands, and then shake it pretty hard. If it doesn't fall/feel sketch, then I'm good to go.

When changing my coils out, I've been jacking up the front by the dropbrackets, otherwise I will need to get some blocks of wood to reach the framerail.
I did shake test once, and the jack slowly started to tilt, until it was only on 2 out of 4 of its rollers.
X2. I shake the damn thing as hard as I can before I'll trust it.

Times I have used my bearing puller to pull bearings so far: 0
Times I have used it to remove caps from tasty beverages: too many to count

i cant do the shake test, i push it off the jackstands. a watched a guy do the shake test on a lift that was a foot off the ground, car slipped and one of the lift arms ate the door skin.

Hmmm.....

RubiconRims.jpg

i have a set of moabs in my back yard, and everything is for sale...

#1 i thought about the 2.25 x 0.375. it's expensive. but i thought about it.

thats true, i do see alot of 7/8 heim TB's out there. only thing about mine, is that itll be a 7/8" billet shank welded to a bushing housing.

ive convinced myself of running Ballistic joints all around. this leaves to ideas for TB:

-their 2 3/8" wide ball in the regular housing with 1.25" shank

OR

-their new 2" wide joint with thier 7/8" welded on.

Driver's knuckle cleaned up and in primer.
Bummer. :(
Sweet. I want every little detail from Rob. I wish I was putting in a blingin' case.
Honestly, I don't know.
Rob asked me the same question and I gave him the same answer.
I'd make a guess and say for our app there isn't a need for a flange, so just go with the 1350 CV. That is just a guess and I'd be interested in what AA has to say.
Darn it. I've been wanting to try that and the Oaked version. I can get the original "single" Arrogant Bastard and the Old Guardian around here but I haven't been able to find the others. Send me some!
IMO, a little overkill for links. My lowers are 2" OD 0.375" wall DOM. Panhard/Steering is 1.5" OD 0.250"wall DOM. Good luck packaging 1.75" steering.

7/8" shanks and 3/4" bolts for my all my steering and panhard.
I thought you liked good beer, not the sissy "lite/light" junk.
Unless it is the bolt. ;)

the smaller tubing will be ((1.75/2)^2-(1.25/2)^2)/((2.25/2)^2-(1.5/2)^2) % cheaper. it's all done by weight.

-Pics or STFU

-3/8" wall lowers is what i want. i will probably use the 1/5 od .25 wall i have laying around for the rest. remember, i dont like hiems so i cant run a 7/8 shank with a 3/4 bolt.

1.75" OD 0.375" wall is borderline on the stiffness. i'll run the #'s tomorrow at work (i wrote a matlab script, nice and easy). but i'm guessing it's no stiffer than 2" OD 0.25" wall. gotta check the #'s though.

other news:
-all control arms are out
-RE 1665/1670 off
-still have issue with getting the rear leaf bushings into the shackles, might try to get them out with a ball joint press, ruin them, and buy new ones? who has experiences with leaf bushings?

i know what you mean. ive just conviced myself i should be cool and run 3/8ths wall for the CA links. maybe some 2.25 od .375 wall would be better for the links and ill use the rest of the 1.5 od .25 wall i have for the TB and steering.

on that note, who would trust a trackbar with 3/4"/7/8" shank and 1/2"/9/16" thru-bolt?

I'd trust a trackbar with 7/8" shank. I have 7/8" heims sitting in my closet for just that.

Even with assist.

3/4" is gay.
Too much tech you's got THe Lots-O-Tech for that, noobs.

This is good posts though... :moon:
oh, i forgot to add, arrogant bastard double bastard is yummy.

750675255_53299ec77b.jpg

Honestly, I don't know.
Rob asked me the same question and I gave him the same answer.
I'd make a guess and say for our app there isn't a need for a flange, so just go with the 1350 CV. That is just a guess and I'd be interested in what AA has to say.

the only thing I could think of to justify/argue for the flange would be it's probably easier to do a pinion brake ebrake on the back of the t-case. But that's just a guess, I could be totally wrong :roll:

I think we need:

THe NAC Lots-O-Tach Thread

post all the rev limiter wheeling vids hear so you peeps will stop hijacking the other threads

plus it'll confuse the crap out of everyone who doesn't read the titles carefully

BTW, mighta hit the rev limiter on marks TIG, or at least came close. i started to get ahead of myself and the unhappy groans of the machine told me to slow down and drink a beer.

Too much tech you's got THe Lots-O-Tech for that, noobs.

This is good posts though... :moon:

#1: i only read one thread full of absolute BS.

#2: you know it

I am really tempted to go start pounding on some inner Cs right now but I think I'd get evicted for making that much noise after 9pm

im tempted to buy some more things for my jeep.. but my wallet will hate me

Back