• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Man, I gotta do U-joints soon. I should go buy a 20 ton press to make U-joints an easy job :D $250 later I will never have issues with u-joints again.

the big one is 2x the price of the other... ugh. you guys are killin me.

But you could crush almost twice as much crap. Think of making things flat.

Thinking of it though, wasn't there someone who did a fairly simple mod and made a tube bender out of one of the HF presses? If you could make a tube bender out of it then that would justify the price increase...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11089239

Go with the 20 ton, many more uses down the line. I will be picking one up myself as soon as I have somewhere to keep it (trying to convince the parents that they should give me a 10x10 corner of the basement to keep big tools, press and drills etc

But you could crush almost twice as much crap. Think of making things flat.

Thinking of it though, wasn't there someone who did a fairly simple mod and made a tube bender out of one of the HF presses? If you could make a tube bender out of it then that would justify the price increase...

yeah, maybe i'll get the big one. HF sells their own tube bender (i mean kinker) that is similar. i think i want a dedicated press and a dedicated bender.

haha, no no... the idea of a press is slow and controlled. :dunce:

yeah, maybe i'll get the big one. HF sells their own tube bender (i mean kinker) that is similar. i think i want a dedicated press and a dedicated bender.
I would never buy a HF tube bender. Maybe they have a tube bender now but the last time I looked I only found pipe benders.

While I would never buy a HF bender I would use a HF press to bend stuff. :gee:

I would never buy a HF tube bender. Maybe they have a tube bender now but the last time I looked I only found pipe benders.

While I would never buy a HF bender I would use a HF press to bend stuff. :gee:
haha, yeah. if i get a press, i'm going to end up buying dimple dies and making stuff for a press brake too.

haha, yeah. if i get a press, i'm going to end up buying dimple dies and making stuff for a press brake too.
For $150 that press brake kit from pirate isn't too bad. I am a lazy SOB and will probably end up ordering that whenever I get myself a press.

Where is this HF that you guys go to? I want that press too but I know the shipping will cost me a left nut.

Neither. Get one with a separate pump and ram. Way nicer not to have to worry about those dumb springs in your face. Plus, it wouldn't be any work to make it Air/Hydro at a later date. This one isn't cheap, but shop around. I got mine "used" basically just assembled for $100. One of the best benjamins I've ever spent.

Man, I gotta do U-joints soon. I should go buy a 20 ton press to make U-joints an easy job :D $250 later I will never have issues with u-joints again.
You've got to be super careful with u-joints in a press. They are awesome for getting old ones out (minus the "bang" that makes everyone jump every time). Putting new ones in I don't like to use it.
the big one is 2x the price of the other... ugh. you guys are killin me.
Come on dude... you should only buy tools once.
Should have got the dimple dies before. I would have had yours heat treated when I got mine done. Can't now, sorry.
For $150 that press brake kit from pirate isn't too bad. I am a lazy SOB and will probably end up ordering that whenever I get myself a press.
I'd rather put that $150 toward a real small box and pan brake.

their website pisses me off... harborfreight.com has prices but no info on what is available in store. Harborfreightusa.com has no prices but more accurately reflects what they would have in the store.

Only good thing is that at least the store I go to told me to print out any items I find on the harborfreight.com site... if they internet listing is cheaper than the store listing they will sell it at internet price. Pretty good deal.

Neither. Get one with a separate pump and ram. Way nicer not to have to worry about those dumb springs in your face. Plus, it wouldn't be any work to make it Air/Hydro at a later date. This one isn't cheap, but shop around. I got mine "used" basically just assembled for $100. One of the best benjamins I've ever spent.
[pic deleted]

You've got to be super careful with u-joints in a press. They are awesome for getting old ones out (minus the "bang" that makes everyone jump every time). Putting new ones in I don't like to use it.

I'd rather put that $150 toward a real small box and pan brake.
From the sounds of it I will be spending much time on craiglist. I like that remote pump one. I agree; much nicer.

And I PROBABLY wouldn't be using the press to put new joints in. I never have much of an issue putting new ones in. I always just get pissed at them when they won't come out nice.

And the box and pan would be nice; but that one isn't bad for the price esp since it is one less piece of equipment to have kicking around (and with limited space, less tools is a good thing).

So I think I'm gonna go shopping for fenders at lowe's in awhile, we'll see what I come up with :chef:

Back