• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the LED tail light thread

I didn't forget about this (I swear). I spoke with John Jan 22nd, but he's still in the process of repairing my front LED markers. He told me he has everything mocked-up/ tested, and that he's in the process of designing the boards for the markers. Apparently, the last guy really did a number on my front markers.

He will get onto the tails right after. I suppose I could-have asked John to start on the tails first, but than I'd have way too many unfinished projects on the go. I'm sorry about the delays guys; nobody wants a set of LED tails more than me. They will get done.

BTW here are some examples of work John's done
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=50&i=37941&t=37941

These would be cool for street driven XJ's but trail driven rigs need steel housings so you aren't replacing these all the time. My bet is that it would be expensive replacing those all the time. Don't get me Wrong I really like these but Mine sees trail time(well, this one hasn't yet)!

And what forum is this thread in?

Yes I am aware of that, just giving my opinion! :laugh3: I really do like them but my Jeep sees the trail!

I didn't forget about this (I swear). I spoke with John Jan 22nd, but he's still in the process of repairing my front LED markers. He told me he has everything mocked-up/ tested, and that he's in the process of designing the boards for the markers. Apparently, the last guy really did a number on my front markers.

He will get onto the tails right after. I suppose I could-have asked John to start on the tails first, but than I'd have way too many unfinished projects on the go. I'm sorry about the delays guys; nobody wants a set of LED tails more than me. They will get done.

BTW here are some examples of work John's done
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=50&i=37941&t=37941

Do you happen to know where John gets his parts for his projector head lights? I have been wanting to build a set but finding good parts can be expensive.

Yes I am aware of that, just giving my opinion! :laugh3: I really do like them but my Jeep sees the trail!
Not all Jeeps see the trail. The mall parking lot is the toughest stuff my blue Jeep sees!:moon:

Keep us updated on those tails. Every time I get blinded by a new cars rear taillights I just get jealous of the leds.

Not all Jeeps see the trail. The mall parking lot is the toughest stuff my blue Jeep sees!:moon:

Keep us updated on those tails. Every time I get blinded by a new cars rear taillights I just get jealous of the leds.

Yeah thats understandable when you got that big sum' bitch to wheel. My beater will eventually do most of the trail duty but it needs to be drivable first! :D

hi all, im new to the forum and just been reading through this thread as im looking to make up a set of led tails for my 99, just thought id put my $.02 in about doing nightshades tinting. i did the tails on my 88 fifth avenue, put them in the oven to split the lenses then did the vht from the inside, because of the texturing its alot easier to avoid runs and get even coats. the car is a dark cherry colour and the tails almost match it perfectly, they also seem to be a deeper shade of red

I don't want to highjack, but this seems to be the place to post. Here is some of my previous work. I'll get a quote up if anyone is interested. The turnaround time is about 6-8 weeks. fyi its not going to be cheap, parts are expensive. but i'll see what I can come up with.
s4.jpg

s5.jpg

s6.jpg

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

I remember seeing those tails. They look great.
You should make a set for your personal XJ for starters... I'm sure I could put you in touch with a place that makes printed circuit boards to reduce costs.

The guy I'm dealing with is still working on my front markers.. well actually... he's out of town on another job for another month or so.

I've got a set of the black "altezza"s for sale if anyone wants them. Shoot me a PM.

Back