• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team MAD build

Chris wrote me back and said the cut and fold rear 1/4 panel needs to be brought back to stock per the stock class rule book. I wrote him back asking if it would pass tech for the mod-stock class. Worse case we add some sheet metal and bring the rear 1/4 panel back. Not happy about it but is what it is.

John, the rear 1/4's are allowed in Mod stock per Chris. Not sure if i have the coin to compete at that level. Plus not sure what the real advantage would be. Tossing the idea around with my dad and brother...stay tuned.

well sticking in the stock class..we are going to rebuild the rear 1/4 panels....but untill then next purchase should be fuel cell and stiffeners.

If I can run next season I'm going to run the 4500 class cause of all the chopping/mods I did to my XJ. I was hoping to have some competition :)

If I can run next season I'm going to run the 4500 class cause of all the chopping/mods I did to my XJ. I was hoping to have some competition :)

Speaking of chop how is it coming? How is the XJ? As far as compentition im sure you will have plenty...they will just have deeper pockets then me.

Well so besdies fixing the rear 1/4 panels going to need to replace the hood due to the vents. should be all i have to do to for the body minus remove glass etc. Question do a fiberglass hood or stock steel? Fiberglass would be nice to shave some lbs.

No fiberglass hood allowed in stock. Only fenders.

Back burner bro... Atleast till it cools off a lil bit. What's up with your pile any pics of the progress?

still deployed...so right now im just buying the big ticket items and getting the parts so once i get home we can start throwing them at the XJ. So far we have the HP D60 parts, as well as the parts for the rear 8.8 and the wheels. working on stiffeners and fuel cell next.

Just saw your thread. Congrats on throwing your hat into the ring for Ultra4 stock class. Sorry about the rear 1/4 panel issue, that could be a problem for many potential 4600 class XJ builds because that mod is so universally done. Our rear 1/4's weren't cut at the bottom, but the previous owner had cut the rear wheel wells up pretty high, so we had to deal with that (bummer that so many XJ owners have needlessly cut the rear wheel wells so high). We had to do some rebuilding. BTW, there is no such thing as Ultra4 stock mod class, the 4500 class is simply the modified class, so there is stock, mod, and unlimited.

We went so far over budget on our build that it has taken us awhile to get caught up financially (still not) so we haven't been able to race any other races this year. We'll be at 2013 KOH and plan on more races in 2013. Maybe we should have an XJ hanging out and beer drinking evening at next years KOH. :)

Just saw your thread. Congrats on throwing your hat into the ring for Ultra4 stock class. Sorry about the rear 1/4 panel issue, that could be a problem for many potential 4600 class XJ builds because that mod is so universally done. Our rear 1/4's weren't cut at the bottom, but the previous owner had cut the rear wheel wells up pretty high, so we had to deal with that (bummer that so many XJ owners have needlessly cut the rear wheel wells so high). We had to do some rebuilding. BTW, there is no such thing as Ultra4 stock mod class, the 4500 class is simply the modified class, so there is stock, mod, and unlimited.

We went so far over budget on our build that it has taken us awhile to get caught up financially (still not) so we haven't been able to race any other races this year. We'll be at 2013 KOH and plan on more races in 2013. Maybe we should have an XJ hanging out and beer drinking evening at next years KOH. :)

Hey thanks for the words. It started off as a dream to race in KOH but when Dave announced the new classes me, my brother and dad were jazzed and we started building the xj around it. We started local with W.E rock dirt riot and kept chipping away at it more. But with my current deployment we are able to do the build and focus on some of the XJ weaker links. Yes the rear 1/4 panel sucks but oh well we will re build them if we have too. As for drinking beers and talking XJ's at the greatest desert race then I’m game. Take care and keep giving me advice on the build once we start putting it all together.

:cheers:

Matt

That's gonna be great that you can make the KOH. I think I'm going to spectate this year. Glad to see people from this board involved in the race. Good luck!

That's gonna be great that you can make the KOH. I think I'm going to spectate this year. Glad to see people from this board involved in the race. Good luck!

Yeah this deployment (3rd one :us:) and my sponosrs have really helped with the build..Nothing has been done but i have a mess of parts that will be installed/built with hopes of it all done by Dec ( 2 month to build off of what i have and install parts) to allw me two months of pre-running to get seat time and dial in the suspension etc. We are not only racing KOH but are planning on doing the whole W.E. Rock Dirt Riot Sout West series. still need to figure out or new number...just not sure what is free.

Went and ordered this today. Its being shipped to LETZROLL OFFROAD and should help make the XJ more rigid.

H.D. Offroad engineering frame stiffeners (full set)
grin.png

http://www.hdoffroadengineering.com/products/xj-frame-stiffener-set

Back