• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering issues.

Here are some side shots of the new setup.

IMGP5546.jpg

IMGP5549.jpg

the TB and DL are just shy of 4" apart. and damn near perfectly parallel.

I'm going to pull the TB tomorrow and make sure the Rod ends are in good shape. at this point, the axle end are the only thing that I have not been able to put my hands on and make sure that its not worn out... shits brand new, but who knows.

oh yea, and before I test drive it I will put the safety misalignment on the pitman arm.... just for RCman:smootch:

Last edited:
I assume that's a nylock nut on the pitman arm? I don't see a lock washer.

It is a center lock. If I was keeping a rod end there, I would also swap it for a longer bolt and drill a hole for a cotter pin. but the TRE comes with that.

all the other bolts need to be drilled. I will do that when it comes time to pull and paint it.

in other news, my caster is around 8*. measured both sides, top and bottom. got within .5 degree of 8 everywhere. not sure how thats possible, but I will adjust my LCA's slightly to get it somewhere around 7*.

torqued down the Jam nuts on the Track Bar again, took it for a drive. was able to get it up to 55-60 with no vibes, even on deceleration like before.

still going to adjust the caster in slightly, have it balanced, and get the toe checked on an alignment rack.

now on to the next issue. these were taken about 2" from full bump. looks like my Diff cover will hit the track bar. If it somehow clears, the Tie-Rod might hit the Trackbar Mount

IMGP5552.jpg

IMGP5553.jpg

I think I can move the TB up one hole on the Axle end, and drill another hole on the frame end.

need to get the DW totally removed before I mod it any further.

Back