• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some thing to read

TRNDRVR said:
Who said I was playing?

What part of 'man made imaginary little green men can't die' don't you understand?

That's funny. Nice stretch there. How long did it take you to come up with that? Probably about 6 years of elementary education and numerous late nights being touched in odd places by your overly friendly uncle...

Look, I can stretch shit out too!!

Thanks for playing! :us:

The trouble with arguing about religion is that everyone is absolutely 100% positive they are right and theres no evidence to proove them wrong. This makes arguing a total waste of time because no one will win and no one will change their beliefs.
My wife and I have totally opposing beliefs. We sometimes discuss it just to get a grasp on and understand each others views but never to try to change the others views. I accept her views for what they are. To her they are fact, to me they are not, and thats just the way it is.

Hey Dan,

I got some purdy shinny stickers for ya! :thumbup: :D

nq5w0w.jpg

BlackSport96 said:
And is the word Christ so offensive to you that you can't even bear to see it in print? Is that deal behind the whole Xtians thing? I've just always wondered that. Xmas instead of Christmas, people still pronounce it the same, why the censorship in print? And why not Xlims and Xukah? ;)

Ever see one of these on a car? Literally the letters spell the word "icthus"(one spelling), greek for fish. It is also an acronym for the guy all you Xtians worship (not passing judgement). Each letter is the first letter for the words "Jesus Christ Son of God Savior" , or Iesous Christos Theou Yios Soter. The Greek letter X (chi) is the first letter of the Greek word Christos (Χριστóς). The sign of the fish was used by early Xtians
Nice display of your limited knowledge of your own religion.

Happy Friday All

Last edited:
kujito said:

Ever see one of these on a car? Literally the letters spell the word "icthus"(one spelling), greek for fish. It is also an acronym for the guy all you Xtians worship (not passing judgement). Each letter is the first letter for the words "Jesus Christ Son of God Savior" , or Iesous Christos Theou Yios Soter. The Greek letter X (chi) is the first letter of the Greek word Christos (Χριστóς). The sign of the fish was used by early Xtians
Nice display of your limited knowledge of your own religion.

Happy Friday All
Really? I never knew that!! Your show of internet superiority has humbled me... :bawl:
If it's really just a shortening of Christmas because of the Greek letter for Christ, then why aren't Christians the ones doing the abbreviating? My comment was simply in regards to the secular habit of shortening Christmas to XMas and this seemingly new business of shortening Christians to Xtians. Should I shorten Christ to just X? Would anyone figure what the heck I'm talking about?
:cheers:

Last edited:
BlackSport96 said:
Really? I never knew that!! Your show of internet superiority has humbled me... :bawl:
If it's really just a shortening of Christmas because of the Greek letter for Christ, then why aren't Christians the ones doing the abbreviating? My comment was simply in regards to the secular habit of shortening Christmas to XMas and this seemingly new business of shortening Christians to Xtians. Should I shorten Christ to just X? Would anyone figure what the heck I'm talking about? :cheers:

I'm alive and well in this thread, I see.

:looser:

office_space_kit_mat.jpg

Ray H said:
The trouble with arguing about religion is that everyone is absolutely 100% positive they are right and theres no evidence to proove them wrong. This makes arguing a total waste of time because no one will win and no one will change their beliefs.
My wife and I have totally opposing beliefs. We sometimes discuss it just to get a grasp on and understand each others views but never to try to change the others views. I accept her views for what they are. To her they are fact, to me they are not, and thats just the way it is.
I agree, that's why I for the most part have given up on religious "debates, specially online. I believe what I do and chances are I won't be convincing anyone else of it unless they're open to hear it. Which most people online, and all people who are arguing it as vehemently as they do on here aren't open to hear it.

BlackSport96 said:
I agree, that's why I for the most part have given up on religious "debates, specially online. I believe what I do and chances are I won't be convincing anyone else of it unless they're open to hear it. Which most people online, and all people who are arguing it as vehemently as they do on here aren't open to hear it.

Oh bew hew... "I'm not going to talk to them if they're not going to agree with me." :badpc:

1)
BlackSport96 said:
...why the censorship in print? And why not Xlims and Xukah?

2)
BlackSport96 said:
If it's really just a shortening of Christmas because of the Greek letter for Christ, then why aren't Christians the ones doing the abbreviating? My comment was simply in regards to the secular habit of shortening Christmas to XMas and this seemingly new business of shortening Christians to Xtians. Should I shorten Christ to just X? Would anyone figure what the heck I'm talking about?
:cheers:
1)As I recall, you asked the question.
2)It's got nothing to do with the internet. May sound ironic, but it is a piece of info learned from my Godfather about 25 years ago when I asked him about the "Xmas" thing. Since I asked, he made me learn it. It's not a censorship issue, just shorthand that's been around for a few hundred years.

icewolf73 said:
That's funny. Nice stretch there. How long did it take you to come up with that? Probably about 6 years of elementary education and numerous late nights being touched in odd places by your overly friendly uncle...

Look, I can stretch shit out too!!

Thanks for playing! :us:
Yeah, but I haven't crossed the line.

Play on asshole!

JNickel101 said:
blah blah blah democrats eat babies blah blah blah democrats worship the devil blah blah blah democrats are going to make you gay blah blah blah democrats have no god and are immoral heathens blah blah blah

Fixed!

ummm....thanks? :D

scottmcneal's signature says it best....if Osama gets elected, enjoy your $10/gallon gas!

Back