• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some thing to read

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
I don't know who wrote it but they should have signed it. Some
> powerful words. This woman should run for president.
>
> Written by a housewife from New Jersey and sounds like it! This is
> one ticked off lady.
>
> 'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not
> started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September
> 11, 2001?
>
> Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally
> murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from
> our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania?
>
> Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible,
> burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?
>
> And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was 'desecrated'
> when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?...Well,
> I don't. I don't care at all.
>
> I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents
> for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.
>
> I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start
> caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime
> in Saudi Arabia
>
> I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for chopping
> off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed
> throat.
>
> I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Iraq come out
> and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by
> hiding in mosques.
>
> I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search
> of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their
> suicide.
>
> I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First
> Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law
> instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.
>
> In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up
> an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.
>
> When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have
> been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest
> assured: I don't care.
>
> When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told
> not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the
> bank: I don't care.
>
> When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat,
> and fed 'special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is
> complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can
> absolutely believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care.
>
> And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran'
> and other times 'Quran.' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and-you guessed it-I
> don't care!!
>
> If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail
> friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for
> this ridiculous behavior!
>
> If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should
> you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more
> atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great
> Country! And may I add:
>
> 'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a
> difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem' --
> Ronald Reagan
>
> I have another quote that I would like to add AND.......I hope you
> forward all this.
>
> 'If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a
> nation gone under' Also by.. Ronald Reagan
>
> One last thought for the day:
>
> In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American
> sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime
> Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by
> one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he
> said: 'A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how
> many want in.. And how many want out.'
>
> Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
> 1. Jesus Christ
> 2. The American G. I.
>
> One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
>

Seen it before, worth seeing again.

Question - If Jimmy cracked corn and no-one cared, why'd they write a song about it?:D

(Just what I normally do - try to inject a little levity into an otherwise serious situation. If you're not laughing, you're doing something wrong...)

Last edited:
scottmcneal said:
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

:us: :patriot: :us:

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

-- Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

That is the way I feel 100%, I wish i could have written what I feel as elequintly as that lady did.

But since I'm a redneck from the south I'll just give that a big HELL YEAH!

Most flag wavers are raging hypocrites. They'd gladly ignore disabled veterans, with little or no real help. Usually the only real empathy is from there military peers who are likely as damaged as they are.
California legislating benefits, to live in, same sex partners, while children go to bed hungry and veterans receive marginal care. The solution is to move out the Mexicans, to free up some resources.
While the veterans were off doing their duty, the stay behind peers were learning to work the system, to their benefit. Rarely do the soldiers ever cross their minds, except during some newscast that usually only mentions the fatalities and rarely mentions the casualties.
A soldier (or veteran) who is attacked by his civilian peers for believing in a Jewish Zombie. Whatever belief system he devised to keep him going every day, denigrated by his peers, the stay behinds.
Older veterans peed on by foul mouth Internet warriors, who it's obvious don't have the slightest clue.
The guys returning from a war zone, with a toe in your reality and most of two feet in there memories (a different reality from yours, I remember filling body bags with a puddy knife). Many people try to get as much distance as possible, from the weirdos. Most people don't have a clue, how hard it is to adapt, both directions, military to civilian and from civilian to military. Not to mention the culture shock, of living in foreign societies. Some rather radically different from home and with a very different value system.
When you return, you really notice just how much society has evolved since you left. The stay behinds getting ahead, while you stayed constantly dirty, lived in shit and ate garbage.
Most soldiers are pragmatists and have developed some sort of belief system (or they are sociopaths). Which has to obviously be some different than their stay behind peers.
You listen to people saying homosexuality doesn't hurt anybody and you remember the 7 guys laying the meat to some 130 lb 19 year old kid late one night. He wasn't screaming for help, don't ask, don't tell.
Or the drug (or alcohol) zombies, trying to hold on until there next urine test, just waiting for the pressure to increase as soon as somebody finds out how they are trying to deal with the pressures they have now.
Joe civilian is an asshole hypocrite. Most have opinions and demands, but are unwilling to do more than say, somebody should do something, so the problems don't encroach on there comfort zone.
I don't ever think I've meant a veteran who hasn't asked, "What the heck was I fighting for?"
I think I've actually known one true patriot in my whole life and he died in the service. Most fight for the oath, plain survival or *their* peers. Some fight for their God or just because they like it.
A true patriot in the military is a rare rare bird.

Last edited:
8Mud said:
Most flag wavers are raging hypocrites. They'd gladly ignore disabled veterans, with little or no real help. Usually the only real empathy is from there military pears who are likely as damaged as they are.
California legislating benefits, to live in, same sex partners, while children go to bed hungry and veterans receive marginal care. The solution is to move out the Mexicans, to free up some resources.
While the veterans were off doing their duty, the stay behind pears were learning to work the system, to their benefit. Rarely do the soldiers ever cross their minds, except during some newscast that usually only mentions the fatalities and rarely mentions the casualties.
A soldier (or veteran) who is attacked by his civilian pears for believing in a Jewish Zombie. Whatever belief system he devised to keep him going every day, denigrated by his pears, the stay behinds.
Older veterans peed on by foul mouth Internet warriors, who it's obvious don't have the slightest clue.
The guys returning from a war zone, with a toe in your reality and most of two feet in there memories (a different reality from yours, I remember filling body bags with a puddy knife). Many people try to get as much distance as possible, from the weirdos. Most people don't have a clue, how hard it is to adapt, both directions, military to civilian and from civilian to military. Not to mention the culture shock, of living in foreign societies. Some rather radically different from home and with a very different value system.
When you return, you really notice just how much society has evolved since you left. The stay behinds getting ahead, while you stayed constantly dirty, lived in shit and ate garbage.
Most soldiers are pragmatists and have developed some sort of belief system (or they are sociopaths). Which has to obviously be some different than their stay behind pears.
You listen to people saying homosexuality doesn't hurt anybody and you remember the 7 guys laying the meat to some 130 lb 19 year old kid late one night. He wasn't screaming for help, don't ask, don't tell.
Or the drug (or alcohol) zombies, trying to hold on until there next urine test, just waiting for the pressure to increase as soon as somebody finds out how they are trying to deal with the pressures they have now.
Joe civilian is an asshole hypocrite. Most have opinions and demands, but are unwilling to do more than say, somebody should do something, so the problems don't encroach on there comfort zone.
I don't ever think I've meant a veteran who hasn't asked, "What the heck was I fighting for?"
I think I've actually known one true patriot in my whole life and he died in the service. Most fight for the oath, or *their* pears. Some fight for their God or just because they like it.
A true patriot in the military is a rare rare bird.

???

pear-bartlett.jpg

Back