• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Picnic in Fiesta Island

The west (?) side? If you get onto the Island, and are heading the only direction you can, with it being one way & all, hang/veer a left at the "shortcut" where the road "Y"s, which avoids part of the perimeter loop around the Island. That shortcut takes you straight across the Island, and we'll be on that big flat stretch of sand right where the shortcut rejoins the perimeter road... that is, presuming I can wake up and get my butt down there to try to claim space... I aim to be there at 6am (most folks start showing up 8-10am), but am going dancing & carousing Friday night, so who knows how well that'll work.

And as of now, I'll be the only one trying to hold/defend some space for us, as the other guy (CharlesS) who is usually there before me can't do it this year. If anyone wants to come down & help out (insomniacs? lunatics?) please feel free! I'll be driving a white 2-door XJ, and trying to set a perimeter by scattering all the camping crap I keep in my rig around a big enough area to hold us...

Carol: so i basically can see fiesta island from my patio. if you *really* need help to set up shop i will. just shoot me a pm so we can work out something.

Didn't take pix--too tired, and having too much fun! Oh, and I forgot my camera...

For those who showed up, but didn't know who everyone was, let's see what I can do--in absolutely no order at all:

Yours truly, Carol.92124, with my shepherd mix Eddie; my white 2door was parked parallel to the beach. My older daughter Alden joined us for quite a while in the afternoon, too (white Mazda).
1904xj - Dave, came down early to help me hold space (THANK YOU!!), came back later w/his gf Jaclyn, red 1993 4dr
PlacerGoldman - Tim & his wife Jean, turquoise/teal 4dr
MJR - Mike Rollins, drove a Suzuki 650 Scooter
TripDog -Tom & Dayma, champagne 2001 on 35s, with Duke (pit) and Mocha (brown lab?)
MikedashG - Mike with the 1988? Frankenjeep, black with red "accents"
Kevin3151 - Kevin & Heather, with the shorter motorhome the food was set up near, creaky black Lab Luke, and one of the two white stocker 4doors
MarkW - Mark & Belinda, bigger motorhome, and Maddy was probably protecting it but I didn't see her.
Vanimal - Dan drove his OD Tan 4 door
Lurch - Scott, not even sure what he drove down!
JumpThis - Rick, drove his pickup from Borrego Springs;
Dirtweazle - Troy, drove his tube-doored rig
Bluedog23 - Karen, champagne '96, two Cairn terriers (Toto dogs)
Willy51 - Mike & Cyndi Finch, drove a white SUV
PeterJFord - Peter & Shannon, drove a Toyota down, dogs Cash & Berlin
Rawbrown - Ryan & Michelle, brown dog Buddy & Chihuahua "Nacho", drove one of the two white stocker 4doors and that blue Prius.
Mr.Overkill - Troy drove his Mitsubishi Galant
Tharlanjr - came down with his wife, and I've forgotten her name :(
CaliXJ - Marc & Cassandra, white 2 door with Grabber Green detailing
RPili2001 - Ray, drove red two door with a V8
DJBlade311 - late arrival, in his blue 4dr with his young daughters
I don't know what his screen name is! - Kenyon & Erin Hess, with baby Penny, drove the dark 4dr with the snorkel
eflosd, I didn't get to meet you, and failed to get your name :dunno:

Non-NAXJAns:
Josh, drives a Discovery, came down on a Honda 250ish m/c
Jacy drove his black XJ, & his mom drove her truck, both filled with Australian Shepherds

There were other later arrivals while I was attempting to become one with my beach chair... some were probably NAXJA, but I dunno!!

And I probably missed (quite) a few folks...

At least 10 folks came from over 70 miles away... It's such a great time!!! party1:

I want to thank everyone for such a good time as short as it was..I didn't get a to meet everyone but maybe next outing (that I can make) I will be able to stay much longer..It was cool seeing all the different type of rigs...I kinda felt out of place with my XJ..I kinda felt like a low rider with all the lifted rigs..lol..Carol was awsome and really made us feel welcome as everyone did..Thank you

Placergoldman
Tim

Back