• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Picnic in Fiesta Island

no alcohol?

Yup! Their rules not mine:
http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/parks/missionbay/fiestaisland.shtml

Thank you San Diego Beach and Park alcohol ban.

You'll just try and have a good time without it. Altough I know you alcheez (ahem) can get creative at times.I won't promote it or speak exactly how people get around it, we don't want to cause trouble.

That's not to say I won't try something of my own, haha. I might bring a bottle of my famous iced tea. It's delicious! And strong. I kid, I kid.

Sorta ?

Can you still drink on a boat floating 10 feet off shore?

I don't know. I remember when the ban came around for renewal, people were going out in the water on inner-tubes/what not and drinking in sort of a protest. I think it was technically legal to do so. You weren't on the beach, so it was OK. It's a park/beach ban. Not a "in water" ban. I don't know, google, let us know if they closed up the loop hole :D.

Where is the potluck signup?

I was thinking about smoking a pork butt to bring down there.

Not in existence yet. Carol is going to create one once we get closer. Check back here, and/or when I update the post here: http://socalxj.com/article-20--0-0.html

I have it on my calendar to create the potluck site around August 1.

Tom, I think smoking a pork butt in public may still be legal =).

As far as alcohol, yeah... I think a lot of the enforcement activities are aimed at the obvious, the oblivious, and the obnoxious.

Wait, I nailed it in public? Shhhh...

And on a powerboat, you run the risk of a BWI and could theoretically run afoul of open container laws.

Just don't be obviously or obnoxiously drunk, or obliviously tipping one in public. It's kind of like exceeding 65 on the freeway. If you're going way over the limit, swerving, and/or scaring other drivers, you're much more likely to get caught.

As far as alcohol, yeah... I think a lot of the enforcement activities are aimed at the obvious, the oblivious, and the obnoxious.

So you're saying one should keep their distance from Rawbrown and they'll be safe?

So you're saying one should keep their distance from Rawbrown and they'll be safe?

Well, at least stay upwind of him... :passgas: Beer farts. Blech. =)

Nice comeback, Ron! =)

Back