• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Chapter Sponsor of Something at 35th Celebration

David_Bricker

PSR Fire Marshall
NAXJA Member
We are quickly coming up on the 35th Anniversary celebration in Moab. A number of chapters have stepped up to sponsor something at the celebration, such as spill kits, pizza party, Show and Shine.

It would be nice to see SoCal Chapter step up and sponsor something as well. I'm not specifically sure what, but some thoughts would be providing something for the swag bags for registrants (first aid kits, coozies, glasses) or perhaps an evening meal, as Thursday is open.

Just thought I'd throw it out there. SoCal is in reasonably decent health financially, and it would be nice to show the rest of NAXJA how a chapter can support all of the club.

David Bricker / SYR

At the risk of disturbing the crickets...

Free beer?

From a SoCal brewery of course.

On a more probable note, dinner Thursday sounds reasonable. My vote would be for pulled pork/BBQ sauce/buns and salad.

Trying to think of something that would actually be useful in the swag bags, the best I can dream up would be the Teraflex tire deflator keychains:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/teraflex-air-deflators-4807200.html

But at $15 a pop that is going to add up real fast.

Question would be, could we get Teraflex to cut us a deal on them? Does anybody in NAXJA have any connections to Teraflex?

Just some thoughts.

As I think about it, doing Thursday dinner may not be as good an idea as I originally thought. It's the only free night.

Food, maybe do something on show and shine night? Otherwise, something in the goodie bag. I like Anak's idea of the opener, but (spoiler alert) National already has something similar going in, I believe.

Gotta be something we can do to show SoCal is where the cool kids hang out.

David Bricker / SYR

What about zippered canvas hardware bags, such as these?

https://www.amazon.com/Resistant-Mu...6291274&sr=8-3&keywords=canvas+hardware+pouch

I have a collection of such bags that live under the back seat. One for metric hardware, one for standard. One for electrical bits, one for ham radio bits, one for miscellaneous. They are convenient in that they are flexible and can fit around other stuff, and they are adequately durable for the task.

It would be best if we could put some artwork on them, but I doubt there is time to make that happen.

Just another thought.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, and a quick search on Amazon lists some that as little as $15 for 5 bags, of various colors.

Perhaps at least a SoCal business card, or stickers (if we had them) cold be included / affixed.

David Bricker / SYR

For the artwork, my first choice would be something commemorating the Moab 35th anniversary event.

I would not expect someone from another chapter to have much use for a SoCal sticker. To the world at large, California is not necessarily a highly regarded locale. Something about fruits and nuts...

Some small card that states that this is a gift from the SoCal chapter would probably do the job. Figure out a business card (or similar) format and print them out a dozen per sheet (or whatever it works out to be) on card stock and cut them out.

Last edited:

It at least looks like they could produce them in time:

How long will it take before I get my order?
The estimated normal production time is 5-10 business days after receipt of order. This timeline is also dependant upon the size of the order and/or the complexity of the artwork or process employed. If you have a specific "in-hands" date, please ensure that there is adequate time before you opt for a normal production timeline. Please remember that delivery time is the total of both proofing time, production time and shipping time.

It could work if we got our act together quickly.

What would we use as artwork? Do we have access to the Moab 35th anniversary artwork? Something was being refined a few months back, but I can't recall if that was SoCal or Moab art.

You could use the artwork I used for the 15th anniversary SoCal items and instead of putting what I did in an arc around the logo you could place text in the area with something to do with Moab.

Charles, those are pretty cool. If "we" were to print them, with the right software they could have some sort of SoCal/Moab tie in added to the graphic.

ETA: Oh, that M715. I'd upgrade from an MJ for a real one.

Last edited:
Charles, those are pretty cool. If "we" were to print them, with the right software they could have some sort of SoCal/Moab tie in added to the graphic.

ETA: Oh, that M715. I'd upgrade from an MJ for a real one.

that M715 is sweet.

They could customize the models and we could have them on Naxja in the future with a free download to generate some more web traffic. I bet they would have been great at the Inland Jeep event too.

We could do a couple items, shot glass/ canvas bags, swag is good.

You could use the artwork I used for the 15th anniversary SoCal items and instead of putting what I did in an arc around the logo you could place text in the area with something to do with Moab.

Me?

You do realize that I am the neanderthal that still doesn't do smart phones/texting/whatever else has come down the pike in the last decade or two, right?

Me figuring out how to modify a computer image is like getting a cat to figure out diving for pearls.

Maybe a metaphorical you.

Me?

You do realize that I am the neanderthal that still doesn't do smart phones/texting/whatever else has come down the pike in the last decade or two, right?

Me figuring out how to modify a computer image is like getting a cat to figure out diving for pearls.

Supposes someone was able to place the text around the perimeter; what would it say?

Moab 2018

35th Anniversary of the XJ

Or something along those lines.

nwC0S3Oh.jpg

V:1

It needs a little tweaking but I'm done messing with it. Anybody want the .PSD you are welcome too it; PM your email to me.

Last edited:
That would work for me.

David Bricker / SYR

That is certainly better than anything I could have put together.

I would consider making the outer text a bolder font however. In my experience thin lettering doesn't survive well long term. The thicker it is the better it holds up.

Actually, I would be inclined to remove the existing text in the red border and replace it with the Moab 2018/anniversary text, but that is probably another bucket of worms. And I wouldn't complain if someone gave me a glass with the image as it stands.

ir3FK3tl.jpg

V:2 test

Last edited:
Back