• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slightly higher in the front? Pics

So I'm thinking of doing the HD relocation that provides a slight lift and keeping the stock shackles. Are there any huge draw backs to the stock shackles?

As opposed to keeping the original mounting location and getting JKS shackles. And as opposed to getting the no lift relocation and JKS.

A few reasons I'm thinking this option:
It seems like the HD relocation kit that provides a small lift are much easier to install than the no lift model.

I really only need .5 to 1 inch lift.
If I purchased the no lift relocation and JKS I'd be spending more money.

So again, I'm wondering if the stock shackles are cool to run with the HD relocation that provides a slight lift

The "lift" relocation brackets are the way to go.
I was not able to run stock shackles in them, as the shackles wanted to invert. this was with RE 1462 springs, "lift" relocators, and stock shackles. YMMV

The "lift" relocation brackets are the way to go.
I was not able to run stock shackles in them, as the shackles wanted to invert. this was with RE 1462 springs, "lift" relocators, and stock shackles. YMMV

Well that's no good. I'd rather keep the stock shackles since I do not want more than an inch lift. I've emailed Brian at HD to get his thoughts

HD Offroad no lift relocation brackets and JKS shackles.

That would probably be ideal. However I'm trying to save as much money as I can. And to be honest the installation is a bit intimidating on the no lift brackets. Id rather not have to cut off the original mounting brackets if possible. But if it's turns out to be my only option I guess I'll have to deal w it

Been following this thread since I had ordered the same springs. Rear came up 2" and the front with new factory spring insulator gave me 1 1/2". Have some Terraflex 3/4" spacers that I'll throw on and probably some JKS boomerangs in the back.

One thing I was told is that people over tighten the rear shackle bolts so they dont pivot.. Mine are just tight enough to allow them move with rear spring flex and unload.

Tony, I recommend you tighten your shackle bolts to spec.
Those points are not intended to swing freely; rubber bushings twist, poly bushings less so.

Bolts and sleeves are not bearings, and the bolts are not meant to carry the weight of the Jeep. The only thing you'll gain by doing things this way are wallowed out mounting holes and bolts with slots cut in them from riding on sheet metal.

Ron

Re: Re: Slightly higher in the front? Pics

Been following this thread since I had ordered the same springs. Rear came up 2" and the front with new factory spring insulator gave me 1 1/2". Have some Terraflex 3/4" spacers that I'll throw on and probably some JKS boomerangs in the back.
How do your leafs sit? Are they very arched? Mine seem to be a bit more on the flat side than the arched side. It's a hard angle to photograph. But I will try

Thanks for that advice Ron, I'll take it.
Know the torq spec off the top of your head by chance?

This website has a lot of torque specs. I have no idea if they are correct but it seems legit I guess http://www.torkspec.com/torkspecmm.aspx?KI=270

They have more arch than the ones that come off of it. Got the spacers in the front tonight. Back measures right at 19" from center of wheel to the lip of the factory flare. Front was 19" before the spacer, now sits at 19 3/4".

Back