• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Deer Valley Run - June 26 - June 28

Doesn't look like I will have 31" tires by then. I have to pay for the GMAT and the associated stuff like books and classes before then.

On the bright side, I did get a ZJ tie rod and factory front skid plate from the junkyard and installed last weekend. My JKS Quicker Disco's are at 4 Wheel Parts and will be installed this weekend too. I figure I can install these and have some fun before I can get better tires put on the heep.

I would count me out for this run. Maybe I can get in on the next one.

my friend with his lexus lx470 will be coming too, and possibly another friend with an '04 4runner may come as well. hope that's ok. party1:

ill be heading up sunday and running around trails on hwy 4 area until tues, maybe take deer valley back to strawberry back to 50 and camp along the way back?
-jon

my friend with his lexus lx470 will be coming too, and possibly another friend with an '04 4runner may come as well. hope that's ok. party1:

That's fine BUT they still have to meet the minimum requirements = 3" of lift and 31's. No stockers :wave1:

The group we have this year is going to be HUGE (20+ Rigs) and promises to be a LONG day and alot of fun.

Last edited:
I will be there also. No ribs for me though, thanks.

I just locked the front and am looking forward to trying that out, but it's making me a little nervous about my shafts. I'm only on 31s but it seems like I should probably have spare shafts. If anyone going has a spare set they would be willing to bring and sell me, it would be much appreciated. It would save me trying to make a trip to the junk yard. Obviously I would prefer a set with the bigger joints, but anything you have would be great. Thanks.

Looking forward to the trip.

I will be there also. No ribs for me though, thanks.

I just locked the front and am looking forward to trying that out, but it's making me a little nervous about my shafts. I'm only on 31s but it seems like I should probably have spare shafts. If anyone going has a spare set they would be willing to bring and sell me, it would be much appreciated. It would save me trying to make a trip to the junk yard. Obviously I would prefer a set with the bigger joints, but anything you have would be great. Thanks.

Looking forward to the trip.

Between myself and DSXJ we will have at least 2 full sets of spare D30 shafts. If you break we'll take care of you. On 31's you will be just fine :)

See you there.

hey licious what time are you guys heading out friday?

skim.... i just found out i have to be back home on sunday for a dinner thing so i won't be doing the SR run on sunday. however, i think i'm going to head up early friday to run SR before everyone meets up that evening at the campgound. my friends in their toyotas are down for that too since everyone already took friday off of work. so the plan is now: depart 10am friday and get to SR by 2pm, run the trail, have lunch, arrive at camp to hang out with everyone. run deer valley with the group on saturday, eat, sleep, and leave sunday morning for home. would you want to run SR on friday (also)? if so, you're welcome to join us. btw, i'll be in my driveway tomorrow changing all my oils/fluids in preparation for next weekend. you're welcome to come by to chit-chat. shoot me a pm if you want.

Last edited:
I would like to run whit you guys but I have work thanks for the invite though. I would like to come by but I also have to do a list of things befor I head out friday thanks. I will see you at camp friday night forshure.

I should be there. I wont be wheeling, nor will I be having any ribs, but will just be checking out everybody's rigs and such. Picking up my first car (1996 XJ) on Monday, so it wont be set up for wheeling quite yet. There is a slight chance that my uncle will bring up his old willys jeep, but I doubt it. Hope to see you guys there.

hello everyone I was not sure if I was going to join you all @ deer valley (I have never been) so I was going to ask some ?????s if I come up Sat. a.m. is it easy to locate the camp spot and the trail head and are you prompt on your time to hit the trail dont want to be late. any idea how long it would take to get there from Dublin??? xj on a trailer

hello everyone I was not sure if I was going to join you all @ deer valley (I have never been) so I was going to ask some ?????s if I come up Sat. a.m. is it easy to locate the camp spot and the trail head and are you prompt on your time to hit the trail dont want to be late. any idea how long it would take to get there from Dublin??? xj on a trailer

Figure 3-4 hrs with a trailer. Camp site is right off Hwy 4 on the left as your heading East (Hermit Valley Campground). It would be hard not to find us with that many rigs going up there. Get up there Brother!!

Hey bud - As Ed stated, give yourself about 3.5 hours. If you left at 5:00, you should get there in plenty of time. We are hitting the trail at 9 on the dot. There are 20+ rigs and we will need the whole day. You will have no problems finding us - hahaha

See you this weekend.

Mark

Back