• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Deer Valley Run - June 26 - June 28

Is this run open to non-XJ's? I've got a couple of buds in TJ's that may want to go. We can definately help with the ribs and ...

As a side note, isn't it amazing how much this trail has changed over the years? I've got pics of me (pre-digital) doing this trail in 91' (when the heep still shined) and for the most part it's a lot of dirt and a few rocky spots!

Yup - all are welcome. One of my buddy's coming along has a Tj and the other has a Land Rover. :cheers:

I ran this trail with my brother probably a good 15 years ago and yeah it has changed a bunch. I have been running it at least once a year for the past 4 years.

The only downer I ahve noticed the last couple of years is we usually end up packing out a couple garbage bags full of junk we pick up off the trail....

Some of us from reno,nv are come up. This will be the first time i will have done a run with you guy's. Looks like it will be fun.

Total noob here!
I've got a 99 with a 2" BB on 30" MTRs, other than that and front and rear recovery points, I'm stock.
I know the post says 3" and 31" at least. Do you think I can swing it?

Total noob here!
I've got a 99 with a 2" BB on 30" MTRs, other than that and front and rear recovery points, I'm stock.
I know the post says 3" and 31" at least. Do you think I can swing it?

If you had at least limited slip in the rear then I would say no problem. But with the size lift & tires with no locker you would scrape and bump on a whole lot. If you can get another inch of lift and at least a limited slip in the rear you would be good.

I haven't been able to make any runs yet due to college/work/money. Now that I am done with college (Cal Poly SLO) the only real obstacle is work. Hopefully I will be able to make this one. It would be nice to wheel with a bunch of XJs.

SharkXJ, good to meet you this weekend in San Jose. I'm pretty sure that me and my old man are coming on this trip - he'll be bringing his YJ.

will the campsite(s) have restrooms or do we need to bring wag bags? also, what about hot showers for the girlfriend?

thanks.

Thanks for replying Ed. The bathrooms are actually not bad. There is no running water and no electrical at the camp sites. The trail is only a few miles from Bear Valley. If she doesn't want to camp I believe you guys could stay there and just meet us at the trail head.

Back