• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Deer Valley Run - June 26 - June 28

I had to go to Sonora last Friday and had a couple hours to kill so I went to the "gatekeeper" at the campsite and put a couple tires on the rocks. But I backed off as there was a nice thunderstorm right on top off me and it started raining, so close but so far away! I too cannot wait!

I will be there.

Im going and so is my dad.

Ed, give me a call, and maybe we can all head up.

Considering it, but I don't think I will have 31's by then. Right now I have 30" Long Trail T/A's on 3" lift and a rear hitch for a tow point. Time to start looking for a tire sale.... :)

Considering it, but I don't think I will have 31's by then. Right now I have 30" Long Trail T/A's on 3" lift and a rear hitch for a tow point. Time to start looking for a tire sale.... :)

Hope you can make it....

Do you have a locker or limited slip? If you have one of those that will make a huge difference.....

Hope you can make it....

Do you have a locker or limited slip? If you have one of those that will make a huge difference.....

Unfortunately not. :tear: Its basically stock aside from the 3" lift and 30" tires. Really needs some 31" A/T's and discos for the front. Hopefully the locker can wait... :eyes:

I am also a wheeling newb :wave1:.

Unfortunately not. :tear: Its basically stock aside from the 3" lift and 30" tires. Really needs some 31" A/T's and discos for the front. Hopefully the locker can wait... :eyes:

I am also a wheeling newb :wave1:.

31's and 3" of lift will be the minimum for this trail. The newb part is not a big deal what so ever. That is why I put this trip together on this trail. It is for all levels. We had a couple of newb's last year and they did just fine. There are plenty of folks who are willing to spot and give advise on these runs so no need to worry.

I will be hitting up the junkyard, hopefully to find some low-buck upgrades. Looking at pictures of the trail makes me worry about the stock tie rods, so I'll see if I can find a ZJ setup. Should I be worried about any breakage? I have the smaller u-joints up front as well.

If I can find some used 31" tires, then I wouldn't feel too bad buying some discos for the front.

And a quick tech question for you guys. I have 3" of lift and my front axle is shifted over about 3/8". Is this enough to warrant an adjustable track bar? It steers pretty decent, so I don't know that its actually causing any problems.

Alrighty then - We have a couple of weeks to go (CAN'T WAIT!!!) and I am looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new folks.

Forgive me if I am being OCD but I would like to get a final confirmation on attendance and food by Father's Day June 21st. I want to make sure to have Ribs enough for everyone.

If you have replied yes to Ribs I need to know how many in your party (including passengers).

If you have replaied yes to coming and didn't mention Ribs I need to know if you want some.

:wave1: YOU CAN PM ME IF YOU WANT :wave1:

Here is where we are so far:

Yes to Ribs (need headcount)
SHARKXJ (2)
DSXJ (1)
Sean (1)
Tom (2)
Tom's Dad (1)
himmred
EricsXJ
playwithit
frontman
VET8911
DanNJeep
BEN H

Yes to coming but no response on Ribs - You want some? If so how many people?
SKIM
NoCoastFocus
srmitchell
JOSEJALAPENO
the_weirdo
330LICIOUS

Here are the Maybe's
xjensen
blonjoncherokee
AirForce_XJ
Tenny
Starboard M