• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Serious Roof Rack (M2 Browning Mount)

There will be a full sized platform in leu of the back seat....so plenty of room for moving. It's on a 360 degree 48" diameter ring mount with a 12" forward mount. The m2 with that setup (my buddies m35a2). An identical setup with the same ring was pretty comfortable. Crane technologies sells a pivot mount that I was looking at that allows for up to 20" of forward extension but I doubt it'll support MA
ok i didnt see the post with the gunner position built in. should be pretty solid! How are you going to anchor the basket and mount to the jeep? a lot of force is transferred through the chassis with that gun going off haha.

Ah I'm glad u asked...the whole roof rack will be mounted through the roof (bypassing the roof completely) to an interior cage which in turn will be mounted through the floor to support gussets on the frame

id have to ask him i dont know off the top of my head. ill text him and see if he remembers. jeep got sold a while back (with the guns) sadly.

Also, I was playing with the idea of putting an acav style shield on it....doubt it'll fit tho. I'd have to raise the gun alot

I think it's a good idea to build a shield if you are planning to have this for anything other than just the coolness of rockin' a deuce. You could build it out of A500 1/4" and have a lot better comprimise of strength to weight.

I think it's a good idea to build a shield if you are planning to have this for anything other than just the coolness of rockin' a deuce. You could build it out of A500 1/4" and have a lot better comprimise of strength to weight.

That's what I was thinking. I mean, it's primarily for the "cool" factor. But u never know haha

Found these the other day of me back in the 90s in Bosnia and Croatia. Hope you don't mind if it add em to your thread?
d2cc111de60a73c2c34d4a961b55e1d0.jpg
34115bc975b8de46dfbb2c64e2e84757.jpg
64d19d618f4d812ef5e6a94c0824b95f.jpg

Back