• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Mounted Shot Gun Rack

Well. you're already familiar with the only bracket I know about that fits the description of what you're looking for,.. The ones in Police cruisers. To source it, find out who has the contract to modify the police cars in your county/state/municipality/whatever, and go talk to them. Even if they don't use them, they will know where to get them.

Once you get it, mounting is going to be a pain in the ass. There is one cross brace on the roof under the headliner about even with the front seat headrests, and another about even with/slightly behind the C-pillar. They're glued to the roof(no welds) Anything you attach to the roof has to screw to one of those, span the width of the roof and attach to the side frame of the roof(drip rail to drip rail) or go through the roof. Good luck attaching anything heavy to the cross braces. Don't be surprised if, when you pull your headliner, they're already detached from the roof panel.

A little info, but not much helpful,... sorry about that.

If you 4wheel/camp with the seat down and the lower cushion removed, why not put the shotgun in a rack behind the front seats in the rear footwell? 'Should be about 6"-8" of space back there. Access from the front and back

I need a good way to hide a semi auto to where it is out of sight and I can get to it while driving.
Is there an under the seat holster I can use?

Google Santa Cruz Gun Locks, best there are for locking racks (they have market share for police and military) and they are from NH

I need a good way to hide a semi auto to where it is out of sight and I can get to it while driving.
Is there an under the seat holster I can use?
stick it in your waistband like all the other gangbangers :anon:

I would think under the seat would be just fine if you end up in crappy areas of town a lot... but why do you need it *while driving*?

(note: no flames about being a gun hater please, I love guns and think every state should have gun laws like VT/NH, I just wonder why you need it while driving)

put it in a holster on your person. that is probably going to be the easiest legal way. in most states with CCW laws you either have to have it in a holster on you, in a bag/case with a zipper or other clasp mechanism, or locked in the glove box. it is very illegal to at any time keep it under your seat.

whatever you do, just make sure its legal... i want everyone to keep their firearms, and have uncle sam keep his grubby's off of them

stick it in your waistband like all the other gangbangers :anon:

I would think under the seat would be just fine if you end up in crappy areas of town a lot... but why do you need it *while driving*?

I have a ccw licence but I cannot carry the gun at some places. I drive late at night. I need the gun mostly for getting around and then I have to leave it outta sight in the Jeep. It has to be easily accessible so I can draw and carry it the rest of the time.
I am not a gangbanger, just a guy who is enjoying the second amendment protections you gun hater! :roflmao:

Back