• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Diego run corral canyon

How many do you want I got about 4 boxes in my garage

the real question is how many you wana part with and how much those damn things arnt the best in the world but damn nice to have when your out in BFE wheeling and setting up camp only to do repairs

Well there are 12 in a box I can hook you up with one

I thought mRE's were gross? I can bring a propane BBQ (left over from the SoCal XJ Jambo), some burgers and a cooler full of beer for after we wheel? I literally live 10 minutes down the street.

tripdog said:
I thought mRE's were gross? I can bring a propane BBQ (left over from the SoCal XJ Jambo), some burgers and a cooler full of beer for after we wheel? I literally live 10 minutes down the street.
10 min ?? :party: at tripdogs :doh:

markw said:
Someone sounds to have major transfercase issues, recommend fixing before wheeling, not day of or day before. If you can grab the front output of your 231 and shake it, I'll gurantee there's more than just 1 bearing bad in the thing. Worse case, watch the for sale and pick up a used one that doesn't wiggle and go through that one, then install.

Nah, it's not all that. only 3 parts involved...the yoke, the shaft and gear end, and the bearing. The nut might just be loose for all I know....but I haven't been up under it in a bit. I'm actually more concerned about the freeze plug. =(

markw said:
Here's the deal on the adventure passes. Get one, don't scrape it and throw it in your glove box. Then if you get stopped or they start questioning, play dumb and go, oh crap yeah, I forgot, pull it out scrape and hang it. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

So, how many open/open rigs?
Tow points? I saw a picture of one with the hooks bolted to the stock bumper, not a good thing, front hitch, or factory hooks up front, same with rear.

Someone sounds to have major transfercase issues, recommend fixing before wheeling, not day of or day before. If you can grab the front output of your 231 and shake it, I'll gurantee there's more than just 1 bearing bad in the thing. Worse case, watch the for sale and pick up a used one that doesn't wiggle and go through that one, then install.

Not sure if I'll make this or not, got to get clearance from the CFO.

Reading earlier posts there may be stockers and/or newbies, so that kind of leaves out bronco peak connector, and probably bronco peak in general. Dunno about bronco flats, don't think I've ever done it. I always do sidewinder and bronco peak to bronco peak connector.

ocean_jet said:
Head Count so far
1 - homebrew
2 - ocean_jet
3 - XJ Surf + Kids
4 - SanDiegoXJ
5 - mikedashg (good chance)
6 - tripdog
7 - Dezertdog
8 - markw (awaiting CFO approval)
9 - lamula

sorry if I missed anyone...
10 - zeelaagee +1 or 2 passengers (good chance) also open/open

- but it's my first real run, and i have some mods to make (like recovery points, front brake lines, and belly skid) and i probably won't be doing the last leg (bronco?) as i want to try to get out without breaking or severly holding up the group.

mikedashg said:
Reading earlier posts there may be stockers and/or newbies, so that kind of leaves out bronco peak connector, and probably bronco peak in general. Dunno about bronco flats, don't think I've ever done it. I always do sidewinder and bronco peak to bronco peak connector.

True story I am at 6 in open/limited and I had a hard time. I dont want to discourage anyone from coming, you never know what you can do in your rig until you try. Im sure there will be alot off shotgun seats open so if your not sure you want to abuse your rig just ask for a shot gun. As for getting stuck that is why I suggested not hitting the trail any later than 1030.

Head Count so far
1 - homebrew [open/limited]
2 - ocean_jet [open/open]
3 - XJ Surf + Kids [locked/locked] (I think)
4 - SanDiegoXJ
6 - tripdog
7 - Dezertdog
9 - lamula
10 - zeelaagee [open/open]

ocean_jet said:
Head Count so far
1 - homebrew [open/limited]
2 - ocean_jet [open/open]
3 - XJ Surf + Kids [locked/locked] (I think)
4 - SanDiegoXJ
6 - tripdog
7 - Dezertdog
9 - lamula
10 - zeelaagee [open/open]

ocean-jet, 100% that I'm running locked. I have ARB front and rear. 2 years later can't wait to test those things out. Plus I just picked up the inflation kit for the compressor. I just told my wife that we needed to air up the kids bike tires, but we all know the real reason behind that.

Last nite she kind of threw me off. She doesn't like my modified TJ flares that I've been running, so she suggested that I get some bushwackers. Then she was mentioning that I need to get a rear tire carrier. And going on and on about what I could do with the Rig, so as I was laying there I just thought man this is a God. I'm so glad I leave my catalogs in the Sh#$ter.

zeelaagee said:
10 - zeelaagee +1 or 2 passengers (good chance) also open/open

- but it's my first real run, and i have some mods to make (like recovery points, front brake lines, and belly skid) and i probably won't be doing the last leg (bronco?) as i want to try to get out without breaking or severly holding up the group.

Ditto 4 me. I don't want to drive all the way home on a broken Jeep. Or hold up the real rigs.
I am a newbie. Only been on Cleghorn (3 times) and open/open

Dezertdog said:
Ditto 4 me. I don't want to drive all the way home on a broken Jeep. Or hold up the real rigs.
I am a newbie. Only been on Cleghorn (3 times) and open/open

Understand the concern, but dont let it discourage you from coming. Dont be to worried about it, I dont live far if someone breaks on the trail we can get it to my place for repairs if they cant be made on the trail.

homebrew said:
I would still like to do the breakfast thing, Can I get a head count for that? not planning on anything big, just a quick stop at McD's or something. I live near the 8. there is a McD's right across the street by the freeway which is about a mile north of the 8. I will be there around 9 if anyone coming from the north county/ or futher north wants to meet up there.

I'll try to catch you there. But if I get out late don't wait.
What exit off the 8?

Actually off the 15 exit Aero. The 8 is about a mile south from there.

x2 homebrew, bring it out whatever it is, sounds like we may have a Corral Canyon 101 class.

For the record, I'm in N. County SD, and if I get out there early enough I'll meet up with whoever/whever. Either the Mickie D's or the buckman springs exit rest stop/bathroom.

Also, I'm locked rear/open front. But I've been through JV 101 and 102 :D. 105 was too advanced for me though, not without a front locker.

Back