• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Diego run corral canyon

markw said:
What trails we gonna run?

Last time we ran Sidewinder to Bronco Peak. It was a bit tough getting up Bronco Peak with open diffs, but we stacked some rocks and just kept trying until we made it.

Those are the only trails I've run there.

What would you recommend?

ocean_jet said:
Last time we ran Sidewinder to Bronco Peak. It was a bit tough getting up Bronco Peak with open diffs, but we stacked some rocks and just kept trying until we made it.

Those are the only trails I've run there.

What would you recommend?

I wouldn't recommend going up Bronco with open diffs. I was locked the first time I did it, but I've heard stories. I'd prefer not to spend all day out there though. We could run Sidewinder coming in from the parking lot, then go down Bronco. Either way you have to deal with that tree at the bottom. :) My Avatar is a frame grab going up that little ledge by the east end of sidewinder.

Hard to tell from that shot, doesn't look like it. The one I'm talking about is by the camp at the base of the climb for bronco peak.

zeelaagee said:
my chance to finally meet up with some of the fine folks fron NAXJA this weekend is contingent on having proper recovery points installed. they're ordered- now just waiting.

If unable to get them installed still come out, even if you ride shot gun.

I dont remember there being anything easy about that trail. The sound of your diff landing on that rock is still a vivide memory

If you say so

markw said:
Ok, here's my question. Does everyone at least have recovery points front and rear? I know I do and mikeg does. What about the rest of you?

Yup, tow points front and rear for me, and I might have my locker installed by then too. :yelclap:

Hey guys,
It kills me to have to do this, 'cause I was really excited about this run.
But something of a family emergency has come up and I have to cancel.
It sucks!:bawl:
I went on a run at Cleghorn with you :NAXJA: guys and had a blast.
Almost made me wish I still had my XJ... almost.
Anyway, have a great time guys and don't break anything expensive.
Maybe i can catch you next time.

I'm only 15 minutes from Cleg, so I might try to sneak up there for a couple hours to get my fix:greensmok

Later

No worries hope all is well

*sigh*

I pulled a calf muscle, we'll see how my healer visit goes on Friday and what my wife thinks :D. I'll try not to limp around her. hehe.

Change good chance to "maybe" ha

mikedashg said:
This is the one on bronco peak connector. Maybe you guys went on bronco flats?

the trail right before the tree looks like this

That's a nice little tight squeeze, I can almost hear the damage from hear. Oh well that's what Jeeps are for.

mikedashg said:
This is the one on bronco peak connector. Maybe you guys went on bronco flats?

the trail right before the tree looks like this

We didn't hit that...but it looks fun!! When I get locked, I am hitting it...

Back