• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Alternator relocation...

How is it mounted to the A/C bracket?

The outer bolt that help the a/c compressor on. With a spacer because the bolt was too long.
and a simple bracket the uses the inner hole. Some spacing and the rear alt bolt hole

What about using the stock grand cherokee upper bracket with a 3/16" plate bolted on top to allow the smaller bolt pattern of the renix compressor to redrilled in it so it fits up? You can use the two holes closest to the head and the stock compressor bolts to bolt the inside down then just drill the outer two in the plate. This is how I did mine, sorry the compressor and plate aren't bolted to the engine as thier still attached to the truck.
beltroutingrenix_zps0ad44f46.jpg
06ad2da0-871a-4975-901f-19f14bbc4ade_zpscd20b67d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Ah thats another way to do it. My mount should be plenty!ill get some pics when i can

cadillac 140 amp alternator is direct bolt in, no shimming spacing required, and plugs in! I did make a bracket for the rear. (PICS REMOVED TO SHORTEN POST)
Not to be rude here, but you kind of TOTALLY missed the ENTIRE point of my original post... I was asking about a way to adapt my compressor to my bracket with the alternator relocation brackets (YJ and ZJ) to keep both is "stock" locations, NOT get rid of AC to move an alternator...

What about using the stock grand cherokee upper bracket with a 3/16" plate bolted on top to allow the smaller bolt pattern of the renix compressor to redrilled in it so it fits up? You can use the two holes closest to the head and the stock compressor bolts to bolt the inside down then just drill the outer two in the plate. This is how I did mine, sorry the compressor and plate aren't bolted to the engine as thier still attached to the truck.
beltroutingrenix_zps0ad44f46.jpg
06ad2da0-871a-4975-901f-19f14bbc4ade_zpscd20b67d.jpg
[/IMG]
The bolt pattern is completely different, the HO ac compressors and the compatible YJ brackets all used the Sanden 708 pattern which bolts top down, the Renix, which is Sanden 508 (better, though older compressor) bolts front to back. Bolt sizes are obviously different as well. What I will end up doing (STILL haven't done this yet) is redrilling an adapter plate I bought online. Found a plate to adapt a Sanden 508 to a York mount, will weld up the plate holes, mount the bracket to the compressor and position it inline with a belt for proper alignment, then mark and re-drill the plate holes to the bracket spacing so I can just bolt it down in place. The biggest PITA part of this project was finding the hoses, finally found them and FINALLY found the correct drier for this thing (ordered a couple days ago) so will have everything I need to get back to work on this when it thaws out here a bit...

I am pretty sure, at least from what I remember from when I did the research to do this, the ZJ upper bracket was larger and that its compressor spacing was as well... The lower bracket IS still desired though for others doing this as it adds the 2 through bolts through the front AS WELL AS 2 bolts to the engine itself for a MUCH stronger mount. All my researched everything for this project was on a laptop HD that crashed shortly after I got a bunch of engine work done or I could double check the measurements for you lol.

Ah thats another way to do it. My mount should be plenty!ill get some pics when i can
Again, I REALLY don't mean to come off the wrong way on this here, but can you please start another thread for that one? My thread was about something COMPLETELY different... Thanks.

Not to be rude here, but you kind of TOTALLY missed the ENTIRE point of my original post... I was asking about a way to adapt my compressor to my bracket with the alternator relocation brackets (YJ and ZJ) to keep both is "stock" locations, NOT get rid of AC to move an alternator...

The bolt pattern is completely different, the HO ac compressors and the compatible YJ brackets all used the Sanden 708 pattern which bolts top down, the Renix, which is Sanden 508 (better, though older compressor) bolts front to back. Bolt sizes are obviously different as well. What I will end up doing (STILL haven't done this yet) is redrilling an adapter plate I bought online. Found a plate to adapt a Sanden 508 to a York mount, will weld up the plate holes, mount the bracket to the compressor and position it inline with a belt for proper alignment, then mark and re-drill the plate holes to the bracket spacing so I can just bolt it down in place. The biggest PITA part of this project was finding the hoses, finally found them and FINALLY found the correct drier for this thing (ordered a couple days ago) so will have everything I need to get back to work on this when it thaws out here a bit...

I am pretty sure, at least from what I remember from when I did the research to do this, the ZJ upper bracket was larger and that its compressor spacing was as well... The lower bracket IS still desired though for others doing this as it adds the 2 through bolts through the front AS WELL AS 2 bolts to the engine itself for a MUCH stronger mount. All my researched everything for this project was on a laptop HD that crashed shortly after I got a bunch of engine work done or I could double check the measurements for you lol.

Again, I REALLY don't mean to come off the wrong way on this here, but can you please start another thread for that one? My thread was about something COMPLETELY different... Thanks.

Sorry About that I was completely fooled by the ( RELOCATION) part of the thread title

Back