• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Registration Fees

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
I'd like to start brainstorming on what the fees are going to be this year. Last year, we didn't get the form out to people until May, and i'd like to have it out early-mid April this time around...especially with people potentially coming from much further away. I'd like people to have ample time to budget and plan for the trip.

Here's the link to the form I made up last year:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-e9lGKHyTrVX2k5SDdwU0twWk0/edit?usp=sharing

For the sake of my sanity (what's left of it come then), I want to request that registration be done using a form (modified to apply to this year of course), so I can keep track.

Last year I was a little slack on how people submitted them (I preferred e-mail, but some people PM'd, Facebooked...etc). Not happening this year. It's going to have to come in through the SEC e-mail account. I almost missed a couple people's forms as a result of them being scattered last year.

Last year I required them back by mid-June, so I had plenty of time to place the shirt/swag order and receive it, with a buffer zone in between incase of delays from the supplier or any problems that came up.

All items on last years form (personal info, vehicle info) will be carried over. What other items are worth adding? How about to the options related to the event itself (meal tickets, raffle tickets...etc?). Maybe add a section for "dates attending" since it's going for an entire week this year?

Open to suggestions. Where are we on booking of the reception hall and caterer?

What about using a form like the one that we are using for winterfest?

National has been given info on possibly buying a package that would allow all the chapters to use it. Check out the winterfest registration in the midwest chapter and see what you think?

You can do the form and submit to paypal all in one shot.

RAM-ROD figured it out, if you had questions you could PM him, he also told me he'd help with getting it set up for anyone that was interested.

mac 'just a thought' gyvr

How are we going to do the food and such as far as fees go? Is National helping with the room rental or meal cost? Or will the raffle proceeds be used to offset the added expense?

Just asking questions to get an idea how those costs need to be figured into the registration fees.

The goal is to have an event that supports itself if possible. So hopefully the room rental and food costs will be covered by the registration. We do this for winterfest and cover a t-shirt, sticker, and dash plaque in the fee.

We don't want it be too expensive tho.

National will help with the event, we want SEC to make something off of it as well to cover their normal costs.

mac 'everyone gets a cut' gyvr

Finally had a chance to take a look at the registration form for winterfest...I like it! I assume it automatically e-mails the completed registration to whoever?

I think it would help clear up any confusion people may have had from last year filling out my form.

Also noticed the waiver that people have to sign. I wasn't aware we had such a thing...

Yes

And the National BOD has passed the motion to purchase that software (online) for all chapters to use it.

Still some details to coordinate in getting it done, but it will be available for the Crawl registrations, not just this year, but for years to come.

Yes it calculates everything and emails the results.

This will be my first priority after getting back from Winterfest in a couple of weeks.

mac 'one form' gyvr

Yes

And the National BOD has passed the motion to purchase that software (online) for all chapters to use it.

Still some details to coordinate in getting it done, but it will be available for the Crawl registrations, not just this year, but for years to come.

Yes it calculates everything and emails the results.

This will be my first priority after getting back from Winterfest in a couple of weeks.

mac 'one form' gyvr

Sweet!! :)

Updates on registration? Let's get it up very soon Harlan suddenly feels a whole lot closer.

Edit: I guess we need registration fees and preorder swag costs figured out first. What do we need to cover with registration other than the Saturday meal?

Last edited:
Winterfest we do a tshirt, one dinner, dash plaque, and a sticker for $35.

David was going to call the harlan center this week I believe.

I am going to get that form software a look over this week, I hope.

mac 'reformed' gyvr

Updates on registration? Let's get it up very soon Harlan suddenly feels a whole lot closer.

Edit: I guess we need registration fees and preorder swag costs figured out first. What do we need to cover with registration other than the Saturday meal?

T-Shirt (Ideally I need design ahead of time so I can get an accurate quote. Keep it an optional buy?)
Decal (rolled in with another cost like last year?)
Saturday Meal
Raffle Tickets (assume $1 each as in the past?)

We kept the shirts a separate item so that people could choose to add them (or extras or ones for family members) without having to pay an additional registration fee. Registration fees were per vehicle, not per person. Meaning a family of 4 in one Jeep would pay one registration fee of $15 or $25 (user vs. member pricing) then additional for any shirts wanted. We kept meal tickets separate as well because not everybody wanted to be a part of the meal. Decals were included in the registration fees. I also had coozies made up and gave them away (cost us $1 each to make, so they were easy "fillers" for registration packets).

The average persons total was about what mac gave as an example. Little profit was made from the registration fees, with the majority being made from raffle tickets.

Think we can realistically have the registration open to the public by the middle of this month?

People are starting to ask when it's going to be available and i'd like for people to have plenty of time to budget for it.

So are we going to have to include the cost of renting the Harlan Center in the registration?

I'll get on the forms program here as soon as I can.

I will need the cost of everything tho to set it up.

I also need the email of where you want all the information to go and i'll get an SEC person a log in for the form program so that I don't have to manage registration, y'all did really good with that last year.

also need a date for registration cut-off and I'm sure that there is more that I will think of once i get into it. once i get it started, i'll get your access so you can see what's going on.

we can link to your paypal too if you post that email as well...might be the same as the requested email above.

mac 'registrar' gyvr

E-mail and PayPal are both [email protected]. Set me up as the log in and I will take care of managing the registrations. I have the chapter e-mail set up on my phone, so I can access it while traveling for work if need be.

I would make the cutoff June 15th, so that we have two solid weeks to get everything together and still have a little wiggle room incase we hit a hiccup.

As for costs, I think we can come up with numbers for everything but the swag. Who was taking charge of the design for this years shirt? Get me a design and I can run it by a couple of places locally (including who I used last year) to get pricing. Same with any decals we want to use. Ed brought up a good point, are we going to work in the cost of the Harlan center to the registration fees? What about the meal?

I'll dig through my e-mails later on for how the pricing came out on last years Crawl shirts so we have an example.

Shirt $15
Harlan Center $10
Meal $18

That makes registration at least $43.00.

Unless we have a ton of cool raffle items to generate the money to offset the Harlan Center. We are looking at between $700-$1000 just for this alone.

E-mail and PayPal are both [email protected]. Set me up as the log in and I will take care of managing the registrations. I have the chapter e-mail set up on my phone, so I can access it while traveling for work if need be.

I would make the cutoff June 15th, so that we have two solid weeks to get everything together and still have a little wiggle room incase we hit a hiccup.

As for costs, I think we can come up with numbers for everything but the swag. Who was taking charge of the design for this years shirt? Get me a design and I can run it by a couple of places locally (including who I used last year) to get pricing. Same with any decals we want to use. Ed brought up a good point, are we going to work in the cost of the Harlan center to the registration fees? What about the meal?

I'll dig through my e-mails later on for how the pricing came out on last years Crawl shirts so we have an example.

Signed up and got the form program. I'm going to try to get a layout going on it in the next couple days, sent you a PM with the details.

mac 'learning curve' gyvr

Aside from nailing down prices, I think that I'm pretty close.

http://fs11.formsite.com/naxja/form1/index.html

click, play try to make it screw up.

whoever monitors the SEC email will have to delete the playing, and if you have some paypal to play around with, someone could try that if it want and have it refunded by whoever controls that on the SEC side.

mac 'even a qr code' gyvr

HarlanQR.png

Back