• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

purplexj's MJ trailer

Good job on the trailer! Shame the shop messed up the bed.

Don't listen to all the garbage about cutting up a "rare" truck.

MJs ARE NOT THAT RARE!

They produced a bunch of them. They will never be worth more than about $5000 for a totally restored truck. In which you will have tens of thousands of dollars in. Trust me. I have over $5000 in my MJ so far and it is still in pieces.

I heard the same crap when I cut up a perfectly good 97 XJ Country to use as a parts rig for my MJ.

To all those on his sack about cutting up the truck. Get off your high horse. It was his truck, his money, and his to do as he pleases with.

Rant off.

And I understand cutting up a total loss like Curt (Xtreme) says he did.

But to butcher a clean, rust-free MJ, to make a trailer, is just wrong.

Robert

Well mine was 99% rust free (So.Cal.)... it was just clapped out... it barely ran... supposedly had a blown H.G. I was worried cause it was up in our local mountains = snow= salt, but I guess they don't use salt... so I got lucky... the guy who actually won the e-Bay bid supposedly wanted to have owner store it for awhile, something the owner wasn't wanting to do... I "lucked out" it's what I was looking for... old tired & long in the tooth. I'd have a hard time cutting up a driver...
I agree with both points of view and as said in the end they're ours to do with what we will...
Hopefully sooner then later I'll be able to finish the first of MANY ! phases and
have it legal maybe take it on a trail or two, then on to the next of many phases...

Purple... what the hell the XJ and the trailer are red ?? Not purple... keep posting picts. as the trailer progresses.

Curt

Well I had a purple xj and just kept the name. I'll take a few more pic's later on but here are a few. This is the junction box with a 4 wire harness but am changeing to a 7 wire. 4 wire XJ not compatable with MJ or I wont have back up lights. Keeping My trailer at my mommies house. She likes having my junk there so I'll come over more. I'm 51 and she still calls me allllll the time.

picture.php

My hitch is tied into the bumper and a thicker metal plate where the bumper origanally tied into the body. Proto fab bumper with added on step and back up light.

picture.php

The plate you see under the body is the 30 gal aero tank that holds 32 gals. Don't know if you can see where the hitch is bolted to the bumper. I'm still trying to figure a better release for the spare tire mount. Proto fab won't sell me the one they sell because they think I wont be able to install it.

picture.php

One more bumper pic with the added backup light visable.

picture.php

I'm thinking of one of these for a quicker release.

picture.php

picture.php

No my XJ has an aero tank. Bastid maybe but not lucky.

Good job on the trailer! Shame the shop messed up the bed.

Don't listen to all the garbage about cutting up a "rare" truck.

MJs ARE NOT THAT RARE!

They produced a bunch of them. They will never be worth more than about $5000 for a totally restored truck. In which you will have tens of thousands of dollars in. Trust me. I have over $5000 in my MJ so far and it is still in pieces.

I heard the same crap when I cut up a perfectly good 97 XJ Country to use as a parts rig for my MJ.

To all those on his sack about cutting up the truck. Get off your high horse. It was his truck, his money, and his to do as he pleases with.

Rant off.

Wasn't 97 the Year that they produced the most XJ's?

Who cares about XJs?

Ouch comin from the ZJ guy. Don't you have to go to the mall?? hahaha

It's a WJ smart guy. It has never been off the pavement either.

I also own a MJ.

Back