• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ Trailer

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
Pulling the trigger on the last of my MJ/XJ stuff... though another jeep may be in my future (we'll see if I am smart enough to talk myself out of it)... it is too sad for me to keep using it as a simple utility trailer when it was built for other purposes -- I picked up an actual utility trailer, so its time for this to move on to someone who will use it for its as-built purpose!

Off-road MJ trailer -- those who have been around awhile know it used to hold my Wildernest camper and was a kick-ass back-country mini-RV:

Short-bed MJ trailer - Yella and I fabbed the tongue in his garage out of 3x4 1/8 wall box -- I have pulled it over all sorts of stuff, twisting it up a bunch and often surprised it didn't tip (particularly with 400 lbs of 'Nest on top), and it is very solidly built.

It has a Harbor Fright storage box, mounts for a water cooler and a propane tank on the tongue, a high lift bulldog jack, and a "rock and roll" off-road hitch -- the one pictured below was replaced on warranty (I twisted the snot out of it), and the new one is heavier duty -- hitch height is adjustable on the tongue. Flores cooked on some heavier duty safety chains last year when he borrowed it, also not pictured :cheers:

The bed rails were fairly rusty when I got it, now reinforced with angle iron welded on - held the 'Nest for years with no issues. Also has a heavy-duty rear bumper, formerly on Planefixer's old rig (thus the electric blue):

Currently sitting on 285/75r16 Firestone Destination MT's - not a ton of tread, but hey, its a trailer... on FZJ80 Toyota alloys. Includes a full size spare (bald as shit) on a Mitsubishi alloy. On a 3" add-a leaf to lift to match my old XJ.

Axle is a 3,500 lb trailer axle from Redneck Trailers, wired for the electric brakes included -- though the current wiring pigtail is an oddball 7 pin... easy re-wire. Harbor Freight leveling jacks on all four corners (from its RV days)... back ones are pretty shot and need replacing, if that's your intent...

I have some TJ rear flares that I have intended to put on, and cut out the cancer on the wheel-wells, or at least hide it, included with sale, even if I don't get them put on...

Here is how it sits, more or less, now, showing both the propane and cooler mounts -- propane and cooler not included :D:

Clean Colorado title as a "homebuilt" trailer". I'll be putting it on CL for $1,000 in about 10 days, and if I do that, I will get the TJ flares on, clean it up, and probably de-blue the bumper. I'd rather see it stay with one of you NAXJA fools, as it has been a really awesome trailer for me, and I like to live vicariously on the interwebs :roflmao:

$750 for you folks. PM if interested.

Last edited:
Last chance before I put it on CL on Monday!! :cheers:

Got the bumper painted satin black and the TJ flares on, though I am not happy with them yet... if photobucket wasn't such a piece of shit I would post some updated pictures. Holidays and weather are f'g with my workload, but will put on CL shortly... come and get it! :cheers:

Fish on...

Fish on...

or not... still got it.

00o0o_dq5InGcn5WZ_600x450.jpg

and... fish on.

There she goes -- SOLD! I am jeepless for the first time in 21 years...
00l0l_ft8CQgiKawp_600x450.jpg

Back