• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving the Trailer across the MWC

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
Guys, we need some help.

Since Winterfest, the trailer for the Moab giveaway has been at Wade's place in Indiana. We need to get it to California. I've been unsuccessful in securing professional shipping. We got no bids on UShip, and carriers I've spoken with want an extraordinary amount to get the trailer westbound.

He's been more than patient but we really need to relieve Wade of the trailer and I'm asking for your help. The trailer is in Delphi Indiana. I'd love to get it as far as Kansas City or into Kansas. Hell, as far as the Colorado border if possible.

It was fairly easy for me to arrange the run from South Carolina to Attica, but I don't know the members in the MWC or their locations well enough to coordinate a train.

Please help us out and to see what we can do to get this thing west. Again, its in Delphi IN and we need it west as far as the MWC can arrange.

Please speak up if you can assist.

Thank you for your help.

If you can get it to the eastern Missouri border, I can get it to KC or even possibly Topeka, Kansas area. Hell, I can store it in one of the barns as long as you need as well.

That's what I need help with. That would be a huge help. What kind of membership do we have a cross the center of Illinois that could be involved with a trip like that.

I'm hoping we have some members checking in her, as I have no real idea of who is where in IL, IN, and MO to call on for help.

EDIT: I just looked up Unionville on Google Maps....a Casey's AND a Hy-Vee. It's like I'm back home...only Unionville is much larger than where I grew up in Iowa...1400 people, maybe...and we had to drive 15 miles for our Hy-Vee.

i work pretty much 7 days a week so i can't drive it too far. i could get it to danville IL if that helps anyone.

or really anywhere around 1.5hrs from Lafayette

Ive got room in DSM too, short on time or I'd just go get it. Will keep an eye on this to see if I can help any.

I could drive an hour or so each direction and pick it up / store it/ deliver it if needed.
If someone could get it just this side of Shitcago I would pick it up.
I am near Rockford.
There are no people between Tyler and me though.

Sean, we'll keep that in mind.

To get it to Unionvile MO, it would be ideal to get it along the Champaign/Springfield/Hannibal route.

Its a little more circular to get it northwest of Chicago, and then over to Des Moines, and down - especially the 6 hours between Rockford and Des Moines...but that would work.

We have bookends, just need the routing in between.

I can pick up in Des Moines or Hannibal no problem, maybe Brad will see this. He and I have met at Hannibal before to drop stuff off.

Hey Dirk, get me size and weight on it. My bil owns a trucking company n runs out of central Missouri to west coast.

Hey Dirk, get me size and weight on it. My bil owns a trucking company n runs out of central Missouri to west coast.

It's about 10 feet long to the tip of the tongue, I'd say maybe 6 feet tall, around the same width as the XJ, and according to the manufacturers website is 900 lbs dry.

I’m about 30 minutes from Delphi if he needs it out of his place. I’ve got a place inside to store it.

If you and Wade can work that out until we get the shipping in place, that would be great. I know that Wade would appreciate getting it out of the driveway.

I’m about 30 minutes from Delphi if he needs it out of his place. I’ve got a place inside to store it.

That is my biggest hang up. i already have my car trailer in the driveway and while this isn't a giant trailer it still takes up more space on my not so big driveway. i'd park it on the side of the garage, but there is no grass and the ground gets really soft.

I am going to my brother-in-law's this Sunday, I will discuss the size and dimensions with him and to get an idea of what shipping might be if we can get it somewhere close to Missouri I can bring it the rest of the way to the shipping yard. That is of course, the price is right.

Los Angeles area - one of the ports over there.

That is my biggest hang up. i already have my car trailer in the driveway and while this isn't a giant trailer it still takes up more space on my not so big driveway. i'd park it on the side of the garage, but there is no grass and the ground gets really soft.

Shoot me a text and we can work out pickup/drop off. I’ll be free Sunday evening.

Spoke to my bil today n his trucking company does freezer loads, so he wasn't much help. If we can get the trailer to the eastern Missouri border (Hannibal area or north is best for me) or even to Des Moines, I can get it on to the KC area.

Back