• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project wannabe Jeepspeed

I normally don't like led bars but that setup looks nice. Whose brackets?

I like that fuse block. Do you have a pic of how the light bracket is secured to the Jeep?

See the pic below, they are secured with rivets to the A Pillar and come with a gasket.

I normally don't like led bars but that setup looks nice. Whose brackets?

I had the same opinion on LED bars until I found these brackets. They are made by rough country. $59

3097685722c7c1b110fc4aa2fe84116e.jpg

Really neat build man. Just a quick question on your wheels... Method only list the 16x8 with 4.5"bs 0 offset is that what you got? They look to hang out of the fenders more than I thought for that back spacing and you don't look to have any spacers? I have a similar build going on but with notch customs flares and need some wheels to fill them out and I really like the methods. Cheers

Really neat build man. Just a quick question on your wheels... Method only list the 16x8 with 4.5"bs 0 offset is that what you got? They look to hang out of the fenders more than I thought for that back spacing and you don't look to have any spacers? I have a similar build going on but with notch customs flares and need some wheels to fill them out and I really like the methods. Cheers

Thank you! You are correct, that is the exact wheel I have and in order to fill the fenders up front and rear I am running Synergy 1.75" wheel spacers. Had them on since I built the jeep and we've been beating it up with no issues so far.

Oh man I'm loving this thing. Lots of inspiration haha. I too, like others have said, will be taking some ideas from your "bed" cage.

Oh man I'm loving this thing. Lots of inspiration haha. I too, like others have said, will be taking some ideas from your "bed" cage.

That's awesome, I'm glad we thought up an idea that everyone can take something from. It's too hot in AZ to be in the garage but come fall we have plans for a WJ knuckle swap, crossover heim steering, OTK track bar, engine cage, front and rear bumpers and an aluminum radiator. Can't wait to get fabbing on this ol girl again!

So this weekend I installed some 54w led replacement headlights. They were pretty much plug and play with some simple mods, they have a high and a low. 100x better than stock lighting for sure and no need for a wire harness upgrade as these use way less amperage.
fae9179d1578e1e62c80f0c15ca584c9.jpg

that 4runner is nice!

Jeep looks great. How is the pattern on the LED headlights?

that 4runner is nice!

Jeep looks great. How is the pattern on the LED headlights?

Yeah that's my buddy's first gen, a LOT of time and money have gone into that girl! The pattern is more of a spot than a flood honestly, but that's okay because they don't blind other drivers with the spot aimed correctly. I'm not concerned with pattern really because my jeep is 75% off road/25% on road and when I turn all of the lights on in the desert the night lights up anyways. Still 100x better than stock in my opinion!

There is no way those lights are dot approved. You can and will get a ticket if you catch a officer in a bad mood. Just a word of caution.

Like the build. Keep it up.

I have seen those style lights before. Just because they are cheap doesnt mean they are legal. There is a reason the ge / jw speaker lights cost more. They have done the rnd and have been dot approved. You can get a ticket for not using dot approved lights. It probably said on the package off hiway use only. Again not trying to preach but bad headlights are kind of a sore spot for me. I practically drive for a living.

I have seen those style lights before. Just because they are cheap doesnt mean they are legal. There is a reason the ge / jw speaker lights cost more. They have done the rnd and have been dot approved. You can get a ticket for not using dot approved lights. It probably said on the package off hiway use only. Again not trying to preach but bad headlights are kind of a sore spot for me. I practically drive for a living.

You are right Gordo, I would bet money these are not DOT approved. I would also bet that there are a number of other mods that arent DOT approved, but this is an offroad Jeep and only see's the street about 25% of the time so I am not too concerned with the DOT's approval. I also live in AZ where it is still the wild west and we do what we want! :us::piratefla:us::piratefla

Anyways I do appreciate the heads up and I understand that there are probably a lot of DD's that are running these and I don't agree with that as I hate getting blinded as well, I spend a lot of time on the road myself.

See the pic below, they are secured with rivets to the A Pillar and come with a gasket.

I had the same opinion on LED bars until I found these brackets. They are made by rough country. $59

what brand light bar are you running? There's an ebay special for those brackets with a bar for around 160. I just dont want to get the bar if its junk.

^ same price on amazon.

The 50in curved SHANREN light bar for $100 is cool, Its a brighter color temperature than the Rigid bar I have on my buggy so I dont like it as much. My 30in bar puts out more light than the 50in. Is it $100 worth improvement in lighting... yea and looks cool. Is as good as a $1000+ bar... no.

The brackets dont have a locking feature, its just a powder coated finish, I dont think the light bar especially being a curved one will stay pointed at the right angle. I will add star washers when we install ours next weekend.

The 288W pulls 24A, so we used 10 awg wire, 30A inline fuse at the battery and a 40A relay.

I am not too concerned with the DOT's approval. I also live in AZ where it is still the wild west and we do what we want! :us::piratefla:us::piratefla

Until you blind someone during that 25% of on-road driving you do, they run off the road and die.

The issue is the lack of a cut off line. Compare your light's pattern to a set of Trucklites and you'll see the difference.

I don't care if you do 1% of highway driving, running those lights on the highway at all is extremely irresponsible and inconsiderate.

If were a cop I'd burn up everyone I saw running them.

Until you blind someone during that 25% of on-road driving you do, they run off the road and die.

The issue is the lack of a cut off line. Compare your light's pattern to a set of Trucklites and you'll see the difference.

I don't care if you do 1% of highway driving, running those lights on the highway at all is extremely irresponsible and inconsiderate.

If were a cop I'd burn up everyone I saw running them.

With all due respect, I don't care to waste my time or yours on explaining myself or my jeep and the "unethical" installation of my headlights.

Now back to the build...

Back