• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prodject "Hardcore XJ"

Funny, untill I see a xj around town with some crap like that on it for real. There was a sami around here a while back with an exo cage the looked alot like that design. The way too small tubing was flattened at the ends and bent around the front and back bumpers with a hole drilled in it to bolt it on.

SCARY!

FarmerMatt said:
Please don't forget to properly tie your front seats into your cage. Many, many people don't do this & it's just not safe!!!...

Matt, I amgoing to run a cross piece through the Unit body and down through the Tranny tunnel to try and tie everything together(roll cage and seats)(with seat belt tied to the cage). sameris SUCK! so whatever he was doing is not near what I have going on. I am hearing alot of heat about the saftey... is having NO cage better than having something to help? conduit/ schedule 40, if you get your angles right, none is better than the other. I'll get pics up tomorrow and show you how to do it right!, Brett, send me your ideas!

You have a good design concept. Sorry to see you're so far along. My suggestion would have been to use 1/2 inch copper pipe. Soldering kits are less expensive than those whatever you call them(welders?). No more need for mandrel bends either. An added bonus would be access to compressed air at all corners of your XJ if you connect a compressor. Then, you'll be prepared to air up to the recommended 65 PSI when you hit the trails. Just think how sweet your exo will look when all of your buddies exo's are all rusted and yours is a beautiful green.

P.S. hope all the fabricators are taking notice.

0313 said:
Make sure you paint flames on it, that way it wont hinder the speed on the highway.
We all know flames make it go faster.

has to go along with the 80 horsepower exhaust tip tho.

N8 DAWG said:
You have a good design concept. Sorry to see you're so far along. My suggestion would have been to use 1/2 inch copper pipe. Soldering kits are less expensive than those whatever you call them(welders?). No more need for mandrel bends either. An added bonus would be access to compressed air at all corners of your XJ if you connect a compressor. Then, you'll be prepared to air up to the recommended 65 PSI when you hit the trails. Just think how sweet your exo will look when all of your buddies exo's are all rusted and yours is a beautiful green.

P.S. hope all the fabricators are taking notice.
I found the flux too expensive, but I did consider it.

jmaxj said:
has to go along with the 80 horsepower exhaust tip tho.

Now that i have hood vents, and with the new fipkit on the throttle body now with the airodynamics of the Exocage the horsepower is not a problem. Time for bed. Will have more pics in the morning.
Thanks all

Don't forget to save some conduit for your tierod and draglink. If you put a copper pipe inside the conduit, then you have a bimetallic junction and you can generate electricity and get rid of your alternator. Besides the different rates of expansion would put the tubes in stress all the time so they would resist any outside bending forces.

Fred

This thread is insane, I love it:sunshine:
But isn't 65 psi a little low for the trails, I mean you you will more that likely loose your bead.

G, I'm going to New Orleans next week, I'll pick you up some bead locks. Not sure what the flux they'll cost, but, hell, yer hard-core, so, it shouldn't matter. I'll take a check, cuz, if its one thing we can trust, its yer judgement. :wierd:

Brendan_91XJ said:
This thread is insane, I love it:sunshine:
But isn't 65 psi a little low for the trails, I mean you you will more that likely loose your bead.
as for to low of air pressure, I home brewed my own Bead locks with drywall grabber screws(32 of them) set up a nice moutning surface using a spare unit bearing to keep thing flat then used a air cut-off wheel and 90psi of constant pressure, spun the wheel, cutting off the "ring", then re-app;ied a new "ring" using my MIG welder, then with a drill press using a 1/4" bit drilled both the ring and wheel. with grabber screws and a little gorilla juice, should be good to go!, juice seals up any leaks that MIGHT be leaking(doubt it, as my machining skills are bar none). As to your question, I have been running 28psi in my 35" Pro comps for Many trails including Pritchett Canyon over the last weekend, which prompted this thread and the my tech with it. Please, I ask you, to with hold the negative coments until the prodject has been finished, then you will see that what I am doing CAN be accomplished by ANY web wheeler, with the right attitude and self confindence!
Thanks
Geepfreak.

Fred said:
Don't forget to save some conduit for your tierod and draglink. If you put a copper pipe inside the conduit, then you have a bimetallic junction and you can generate electricity and get rid of your alternator. Besides the different rates of expansion would put the tubes in stress all the time so they would resist any outside bending forces.

Fred

you can generate electricity and get rid of your alternator.

LOL!!!

this whole freekin thread is just to funny!!

What, no "poo pipe"?
pokinit.gif

you have no idea what you're doing, I used PVC pipe on mine and painted in lime green. I havent rolled it yet but i KNOW for a fact it will work like a gem. I can make you one for $499.

Back