• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Precision Auto Injectors for my 01. (install)

Just wanted to chime in with my opinion... I installed the precision injectors (single hole, purple-ish connector) in my 97 XJ a few weeks ago and they have been great so far.

Called Wojtek in Thursday and on Friday my replacement injectors were on there way. Great customer service. I will definitely update once I install the replacement set.

I put a set of the orange top Ford 5.0 injectors in my '91 XJ earlier this week, and have the same problem with the injectors leaking down. It's real hard to start without WOT if it's been sitting for more than a few minutes.

I called Wojtek's number posted above; he's sending me another set tomorrow, before I even send the first set back. Excellent service! I'm pretty happy about that. Hopefully the new set doesn't have the same issues.

I ordered the same set of injectors a few weeks ago. Popped them in last weekend, having the same hard start issue. Someone over on JF posted a link to this thread... thanks for the details.

Overall I have been impressed with the swap even given the starting issue. Way better power, smoother idle and got rid of a slightly lumpy hot idle I had sometimes. I only really seem to have hard starting when cold, from warm and or hot it fires right up. Sounds like a leak down issue to me. I cant comment on gas mileage as I havent had them in long enough.

Sent him an e-mail, hoping to hear back soon. The buying process was simple, fast and overall a positive experience, nothing but good to say so far! From all accounts the support process will be the same!

Last edited:
Shoot him a call. He's a really good dude, who's willing to just talk.

I have yet to install my new ones, I go to school all week, and work at Kragen 16 hours on the weekend. lol. No time!

Shoot him a call. He's a really good dude, who's willing to just talk.

I have yet to install my new ones, I go to school all week, and work at Kragen 16 hours on the weekend. lol. No time!

Sent him an e-mail this morning. He replied back right away and let me know he is sending out a new set tomorrow (Monday).

He also mentioned that he is investing in a new solution to hopefully solve this issue, which while is not overly common, is "more common that I would like...".

Excellent service.

Will post results after install of replacement units. Thanks for the reply... and I am sure that this is the exception rather than the rule with these.
Greg

Just ordered the 1 hole ones for my 98 yesterday. I'll let you know how they work in my 98.

The original 1998 injectors were showing signs of leak down after the Jeep was shut off; with only 118K on the vehicle.
Purchased a set of the 1 hole injectors with the brown EV1 connector and installed them about 2 weeks ago.
Initial observations were smoother idle, better throttle response and Jeep appears to have more power on the highway.
On a recent 140 mile trip I didnt notice much of a change in gas mileage.

The only thing to add to the OP installation instructions would be to thoroughly clean the fuel rail and intake manifold pockets (I went thru more than a dozen Q tips and some throttlebody cleaner to ensure the pockets were clean) and apply a little oil to the O rings to ensure the O rings donot leak when the fuel rail is pressurized.

Last edited:
wow my old XJ (1994) has never had the injectors touched its done 390,000 km, i always run hi octane fuel and it only gets driven on the weekends, sometime not at all

it starts right up smooth idle and get reasonable fuel economy, has 4.10 gears and 31 inch tyres, had the head overhauled about 7 years ago, has extractors and a throttle body spacer, and 3.5 inch of lift.

ive never even considered injectors as needing replacement, maybe the hi octane fuel as well as improving economy does keep the injectors clean???

My 93 went 515 000 without the injectors being replaced... it still ran great when I finally parted it out. That doesn't mean that they were still good though... new injectors would have probably helped it out a lot.

The new injectors have been in for a little over 300 miles or about 2.5 weeks. The gas mileage is about 14-15 on the highway and hasn't changed much since installing them.
In the next couple days I will be installing a new set of sparkplugs and a cap&rotor set from DUI. Not sure what impact they will have on the gas mileage, but I will update this thread in a week or so.

Nope. I've yet to install the new ones. School has been keeping me too busy. This is my last week.

Subscribing…………

I need new injectors for a new motor. I have a 2000 XJ

Back