• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Precision Auto Injectors for my 01. (install)

So far, it runs really well, but it won't start everytime!

Before, I could hold the key for half a second and it would fire right up.

Now I have to let it crank much longer, and sometimes I have to give it more gas or try a second time. In fact, last night i went to crank it, and it spun, started, and died... but it shook like a diesel shutting down.

Not happy about that.

Has this been resolved?

So far, it runs really well, but it won't start everytime!

Before, I could hold the key for half a second and it would fire right up.

Now I have to let it crank much longer, and sometimes I have to give it more gas or try a second time. In fact, last night i went to crank it, and it spun, started, and died... but it shook like a diesel shutting down.

Not happy about that.

My Wifes 99 Does this. If you trun the key to just be for it starts and wait 2 to 3 seconds it start first time every time.

No, it still hesitates.

Outsider- Yeah, your right. If i turn the key a few times, I can hear it priming.

I got the same injectors and installed them Saturday night. My XJ was doing the same thing, hesitating when starting. Then today on my way home from work started misfiring. Was able to get my XJ home and swapped in my old injectors and problem fixed. I need to call Precision Injectors tomorrow.

Sounds like Precision injectors have herpes.

Either those injectors are just faulty or there is something very different about the spray pattern from a stock injector. From what I found they flow 22.2 lbs @ 49 psi. Stock flow 22.5 lbs @ 49 psi. That .3 difference isn't going to create the results you two are experiencing.

I ran 4 different set of injectors on my 2000 and never had any hesitation or stalling. With the wrong size (too small or too large) start was slightly rough, but cleared up in about 30 seconds. Nothing to complain about. Using injectors that were way too large (27-28lbs) did create a hunting RPM type situation, but again only on start for 30 seconds or so then it cleared up.

While the engine may have been running rich or lean in WOT (open loop) in closed loop is behaved pretty well with the exception of a slight dead spot around 2500 RPM from a lean condition.

I got an email from Wojtek. He asked me to post his cell on this thread for anyone of you guys having issues with his injectors (# 917-562-3539) or he asked that you email him (their voicemail is down at the moment). He said

Wojtek said:
I think the person is having a problem with an injector leaking down which can cause a hard start. The new style injectors only have a shelf life of about 3 months before they get these types of problems which is why we only prepare 1-2 weeks worth of injectors at a time only. The nozzles inside get cleaned fully which removes all deposits that built up from gasoline that was once protecting the injector. The metal oxidizes and the seat of the nozzle isn't going to have a positive seal anymore. We suspend an oil into each injector which is similar to gun oil to protect it. It does revent rust but we still have not found a solution for long term storage nor a fool proof solution since once in a while a problem arises. We sell on average 30-40 sets a week to Jeep applications and it's rare but does happen. Most of the time people only post problems because they are online to try to find a solution (I do it all the time when something is wrong with things I buy or I can't figure something out) so I understand you would only see a problem and not the rest of the people that don't have it. As for the questions to the flow rate. The injectors we sell flow 22lb/hr.

Awesome! Thanks.

And this was Not, I repeat... NOT an attempt at bashing Wojtek, hes a good dude, Im just looking for help.

Thanks.

I didn't think you were bashing him whatsoever.
I just want to get to the bottom this issue because I'm seriously thinking of getting a set myself.

Or you could join the cool kid crowd with a set of 0280155917 injectors. Just sayin' :D

Back