• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

popping and jumping front end

took the front drive shaft out and it quit. for some reason it wont come all the way out of 4wd. im goin to rip the transfer case apart and see if i can find out whats wrong. i have a donor one for parts if need be. i dont have the full time part time anymore has bein changed out to a np231. im also goin to get some help and see if somethin is just out of adjustment in the linkage.

why not try adjusting the shift linkage first? usually, that is the culprit

why not try adjusting the shift linkage first? usually, that is the culprit

Not really,all the shift detents are built into the transfer case not the shifter gate.

I know on mine I had to find the sweet spot on the linkage to be able to get in 2hi and 4 low. Too much one way or the other and it would only go in either 2hi or 4low.

I know on mine I had to find the sweet spot on the linkage to be able to get in 2hi and 4 low. Too much one way or the other and it would only go in either 2hi or 4low.
Can you explain this a little better,what you described isnt possible?

Can you explain this a little better,what you described isnt possible?

On the linkage to the T-case, there is a bolt you loosen to adjust the "throw" of your T-case shift lever. If mine had too much "throw" it would go into 4 low fine but would not be able to reach 2hi. If it did not have enough "throw" it would not be able to go into 4low. After a couple of trial and errors, I found the sweet spot on mine and I can now shift it to all ranges.

Is this not what you are talking about?

Back