• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Picking a cage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
YELLAHEEP said:
Jeezus, I can't believe that guy still has a website up. I hope no one (ie: newbies that are post-XJGuy) fall for that site as being legit. Maybe it should be made public again......

P.U.V. = THE SUCK.

Did they screw up your order? I bought a t-case chain from them a few years back, a guy named Rich was the owner, nice guy gave me the best price and I picked it up in person at his place in Queens, saved me the shipping. Saw his cages, really nice, looked like a professional racing cage, closest thing I have seen to them are the Jeepspeed cages, but he said he had some issues with the quality consistancy from his suppliers, guess he never sorted it out. But I did see those PUV clamps, crazy strong parts, he had a whole mess of them. I have nothing against the guy, just seemed like he tried to get a business up and going and things just didnt work out in a timely way, it happens. I had forgotten about them, thanks for reminding me.

Mark Smith said:
If you're going to go with a cage, go exo-cage. The problem is the vehicle has no frame (unibody) and therefore any internal cages are a waste of time. They won't hold up and they won't protect the weak exterior. .

OH My, Another WEB engineer. Do you even have a cage?
Go with a few pre designed peices to build off of. Several folks make a B pillar hoop. You can add to that as needed depending on what type of wheeling you do.
I started with Rusty's B pillar, ran that till I started doing things that warrented more protection and built from that. As to interior intrusion, My full 8 point still keeps all the interior and acess to the glove box. Point is it can be done.
You do need to tie the cage into the sub frame for best performance, however,
ALL cages are one time use items, It's there to help you. I've flopped mine more than once, cage is still fine, but when that one hard roll over occurs I expect the cage to fail and me to walk away.
PM me for pics of the cage build an what the interior look like if you like.
Derik

Phantom said:
Saw his cages, really nice

You do realize that by claiming to have actually seen one of these mythical objects that you are now in the same category as people that claim to have seen:

Sasquatch

Nessie

Chupacabra

Extraterrestrial beings

any godlike entity

a blonde rocket scientist

or a straight clothing designer

pics to prove these cages exist and that he built them or ban.

That is all

1) Any internal cage requires mounting plates.
2) Plates are basically a bandaid.
3) Exo Cages can be replaced and they will protect the exterior.
4) These cookie cutter cages are basically worthless and have little to no thought in their engineering.

I'm a PE and I have a PhD in Structural Engineering, as well as a Master's ME. I think I know what I'm talking about--I've spent 14 years building chassis from the ground up. I have built (from mandrel to final welds) over 300 cages and never had a single failure in that time. I'm telling you 99% of these internet cages are worthless and provide a greater risk to your safety than a cageless XJ. Get a custom cage and weld to the subframes directly or STFU and possibly learn something new.

Mark Smith said:
1) Any internal cage requires mounting plates.
2) Plates are basically a bandaid.
3) Exo Cages can be replaced and they will protect the exterior.
4) These cookie cutter cages are basically worthless and have little to no thought in their engineering.

I'm a PE and I have a PhD in Structural Engineering, as well as a Master's ME. I think I know what I'm talking about--I've spent 14 years building chassis from the ground up. I have built (from mandrel to final welds) over 300 cages and never had a single failure in that time. I'm telling you 99% of these internet cages are worthless and provide a greater risk to your safety than a cageless XJ. Get a custom cage and weld to the subframes directly or STFU and possibly learn something new.

dude... no one will believe you are any of that after throwing out such spobi and no proof. I can tell you 100% that you are wrong, because its been proven in the real world. I also believe that there are handful of people in this club much more accredited than you and would make you crawl into a fetal position with your lack of substance on this subject.

popcorn2.gif

Gil BullyKatz said:
You do realize that by claiming to have actually seen one of these mythical objects that you are now in the same category as people that claim to have seen:

Sasquatch

Nessie

Chupacabra

Extraterrestrial beings

any godlike entity

a blonde rocket scientist

or a straight clothing designer

pics to prove these cages exist and that he built them or ban.

That is all

I dont know what issues you guys have with PUV or its owner but I dont care nor do I want any part of it. All I am saying is Rich seemed like a straight shooter and I was happy with the price and service he provided and I would gladly deal with him again. As far as photos, what do you think I go around snapping pictures of other people's stuff? I saw them, he even offered any of the ones he had in stock to me, if I recall there were DOM cages and ERW cages but I couldnt afford either at the time, not the way I wanted anyway, to get a stripped down one, as everyone has said here, is just a waste of money, no triangulation. Oh and by the way I have met a blond rocket scientist and a straight clothing designer.

No really I have! :)

Last edited:
Yeah it's kinda odd that we found one of the few XJGuy supporters out there. Sorry for stirring up drama ;)

Now Phantom.. If you happen to be a real person as opposed to the phantom of XJguy (hmm, he'd think that was terribly clever!) I'm just going to say (and leave it at) Rich made a number of promises about his products and did not come through at all.

If he had just steped up and said "I can't do this" things would have come about very differently. Instead he kept the shadow going and got more and more defensive and offensive. In the end he spammed every site on the internet with his anti-NAXJA campaign.

Think about it. Is it normal for "vendor problems" to last five years?

Well, I'm enough of an asshole to have been banned before. To whoever did it, or caused it..... Kiss my ******* ass *****! Round 2. Maybe one of the "open minded sheeple" whined. I guess it's the ol' proverbial "freedom of speech for thee, but not for me". Hypocrites. Especially for you: Go **** yourself.

I made a statement based on my experience with the **** people call cages. That's no cage, it's a rollbar (and a piss poor one at that). Go read a ******* book.

:patriot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Smith said:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah
Thats all i'm getting.

because i have 300 degrees and directed the "landing" on the moon

Mark Smith said:
Well, I'm enough of an asshole to have been banned before. To whoever did it, or caused it..... Kiss my fuckin' ass bitch! Round 2. Maybe one of the "open minded sheeple" whined. I guess it's the ol' proverbial "freedom of speech for thee, but not for me". Hypocrites. Especially for you: Go fuck yourself.

I made a statement based on my experience with the shit people call cages. That's no cage, it's a rollbar (and a piss poor one at that). Go read a fucking book.

:patriot:
face.jpg

Take it easy, Francis...
No sense in having a conniption over the internet.

GSequoia said:
Yeah it's kinda odd that we found one of the few XJGuy supporters out there. Sorry for stirring up drama ;)

Now Phantom.. If you happen to be a real person as opposed to the phantom of XJguy (hmm, he'd think that was terribly clever!) I'm just going to say (and leave it at) Rich made a number of promises about his products and did not come through at all.

If he had just steped up and said "I can't do this" things would have come about very differently. Instead he kept the shadow going and got more and more defensive and offensive. In the end he spammed every site on the internet with his anti-NAXJA campaign.

Think about it. Is it normal for "vendor problems" to last five years?

Well thank you for taking the time to explain, not that it matters, it just seems odd since I had such a positive experience, and that some people seem the hate xjguy and I never found a reason why, I guess you never know. As far as an anti-NAXJA campaign, I dont anything about that, I have lurked for some time but only recently have started to post. From what I could tell he was really into Jeeps and cars in general, knew alot, but he also seemed kinda bummed as far as the problems and money he spent on the biz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back