• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympus Offroad - Anyone bought from them?

Maybe you should spend less time trying to look good on the forums and more time putting in orders , then the happy people that you sold too would say nice things on the forums . :D

LOL people never take the time to say good things, It is basic statistics that the bad outweigh the good. And we keep an eye and all forums :) :eyes:

Last edited:
LOL people never take the time to say good things, It is basic statistics that the bad outweigh the good. And we keep an eye and all forums :) :eyes:

that's not true at all. our vendor feed back forum probably has more good feed back than bad for vendors, then again we are pretty good about weeding out the dead beat vendors.

that's not true at all. our vendor feed back forum probably has more good feed back than bad for vendors, then again we are pretty good about weeding out the dead beat vendors.

Then that is something outside of the norm. Typically people don't take the time to say something good. Its just not the society we live in. For every bad review out there we have 1000 good customers that say nothing. even on site such as ebay and amazon you get a 15% on average return on your feedback. only 15% of the people that purchase leave anything positive.

Well here is my feedback so far.

Daniel, owner of Olympus graciously reached out to me by PM from my post here saying "I missed the sale and now was having doubts after reading this thread"

Daniel not only met the sale price for me, but he also offered some great bonuses, me being a bit cautious we conversed back and fourth over 3-4 days with questions, at one point he let me know it would be a few days before he had them in stock again, I ordered (2) ropes on 3/28, he acknowledged the order the next day 3/29, answered a few other question I had that day, told me they should be shipped out in a few days, 4/4 he said they should be shipped out the next day, 4/5 I received a notice the shipping label was produced with a tracking #, and USPS tracking showed it picked up from Olympus 4/6, and on 4/9 the Post Office said out it was out for delivery to my house - but they never delivered (maybe they needed a signature and I was not home)

Daniel the owner of Olympus has been GREAT about answering all my questions via PM here and I had a lot, so far he has kept to his word, and been pro-active in his communication.

Unfortunately not all online companies can service like AMAZON - where you order and 2 days later its sitting at your door (heck waiting on most eBay buys for me now gets frustrating), Olympus products aren't always in stock for delivery and from reading here I think this sometimes what bites him in the butt, I think he has the best intentions but sometimes life gets him caught up and things get delayed (I have my own small business and can personally relate) - But I don't think I could have received any better of a deal on what I hope is a quality rope and so far I am very happy with all his assistance and updates.

I will get a few 4x4 buddies together to analysis and compare his rope (I ended up upgrading to his A.R.E. Spidersilk) to other brands that friends have and report back.

IN SHORT: AT THIS POINT I WOULD DEFINITELY BUY AGAIN FROM OLYMPUS, But if I was in a hurry for the parts I would confirm the parts were in stock and can be shipped out the same day, ask how many days to expect for shipping, and then add a couple of days and decide if that will work for me.

Thanks for everything so far Daniel.

Last edited:
Well I was hoping to finish up my experience saying everything went well, but.......

My package of (2) Winch Ropes and (2) Hooks was sent out USPS, Daniel contacted me with the tracking number the day it shipped, told me it got sent 2 day, it was sent 3 day according to the tracking number, it was not a big deal as I said I was not in a hurry because neither winch is mounted yet.

MOSTLY POST OFFICE ISSUE - I was suppose to receive the package Saturday, well I never got it, but USPS had it marked as "In Transit" to my address from the local office, Still did not get it Monday, Talked to my postal person Wednesday and he gave me the local Post Office number, Talked to someone on Wednesday at P.O. who said they would call back, still Thursday no call back, Called Friday and talked to a different person who found my package POSTAGE DUE !!!!! the package was shipped as 4 pounds in weight, it was 10 pounds and $15.45 was due in shipping. I went and paid it and got my ropes.

During all the above I was sending PM on NAXJA forum with Daniel the owner of Olympus, I never heard back - my guess is he does not check here daily or gets emails regarding Private Messages received.

After getting the package, I tried Olympus on Facebook PM and Daniel the owner answered right back (late at night), he immediately refunded the $15 plus a little more via my PayPal.

So back to would I order from Olympus again, well Maybe, The price I got on the Winch Ropes were Awesome, and they appear to be nice quality. They are sold as 7/16 diameter rope, but a 3/8 wrench fits the rope perfectly snug.... IT HAS BEEN EXPLAINED HERE THAT WAS FROM THE DYING PROCESS shrinking them...... I only mention this because it was questioned somewhere - I am very happy with the ropes.

Communication seems to be a problem, unanswered questions left on NAXJA PM for days after days of reasonable response times, a Misunderstanding on shipping being included, etc. but through every step of the process once I reached Daniel it was resolved to my satisfaction.

I give an "A" for effort (getting the sale)
I give an "A" for value (at the prices I paid)
I give a "C-" for execution (shipping issue)
I give a "B" for quality (until tested)
I give a "D" for communication
I give a "B" for customer service (trying to make up for problems)

If you are looking for a deal, willing to deal with some minor headaches, then I say go for it, but if you are in a hurry and time is more important than money think twice.

And if you have a problem, start with their Facebook Messenger to contact them.

Back