• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympus Offroad - Anyone bought from them?

I'm in the same boat. Was just looking at a light bar and some Pods. I was trying to find a coupon code. Every time I find a company I think i'm about to go with I find threads like this. I Always hear the same thing, long lead times, bad follow up, unresponsive and unsupportive.

The big thing is people rarely go out of their way to post when things go well or they are satisfied with a company. Even with that said it's still pretty discouraging.

I understand what I'm getting with Chinese lights so it looks like Amazon is the way to go. Only guarantee that I won't have issues when I need to send it back.

That or pony up for Rigid or Baja designs

I ALWAYS go out of my way to post my experience with a company, regardless of whether it was positive or negative. Makes me insane trying to find unbiased opinions on this shit. When I find a company I dig dealing with, I always document it.

I'm in the same boat. Was just looking at a light bar and some Pods. I was trying to find a coupon code. Every time I find a company I think i'm about to go with I find threads like this. I Always hear the same thing, long lead times, bad follow up, unresponsive and unsupportive.

The big thing is people rarely go out of their way to post when things go well or they are satisfied with a company. Even with that said it's still pretty discouraging.

I understand what I'm getting with Chinese lights so it looks like Amazon is the way to go. Only guarantee that I won't have issues when I need to send it back.

That or pony up for Rigid or Baja designs

check out smashhole motorsports. they were a vendor here and likely will be again. I got my leds from him and they were good quality and well priced.

All I can say is for every 1 bad thread there are 1000 good experiences. I have shipped out 948 ropes since January 1st this year. We have been really busy. Our biggest issue is getting thing sorted to stock more and have things ready. We are finally in a position to stock more an more than before and while I would love to tell you we wont have any issue gain I simply cannot. We are a business and we have hiccups. All we can do is offer the best support we can and do the best we can. Sometimes we make mistakes and sometimes we do great. Lead times are getting shorter and we are offering more.

In regards to the thimble we received the request and have upgraded to a beefier thimble. Our focus was always the rope but as we sell more and more we make upgrades and changes.

Smashole is a good guy He actual was a dealer and sourced through us for a while. ;)

Hmmmmm, last week I was going to order (2) of his random color synthetic ropes @ $115 each for my daughters jeep and my jeep, next day they rose to @ $140 - my fault for not jumping on it at the lower price.

As I was searching today for a coupon or forum discount I ran into this thread, now I am not sure whether I should order them or not.

Decisions Decisions......

That was a black friday deal that we actually forgot it was still up!

I understand prices change, even more so when it was a sale price. I just got a Warn M12000 and SOLD my daughter my Warn 8000xi, I started looking for a new rope for myself to reduce some weight and really started thinking I would feel much better if my daughter had Synthetic rope for safety as well (Early Birthday Present for her).

I also own my own business, and realize you can "please some of the people some of the time, but near impossible to please all the people all the time" One thing I learned when doing customer service for a large home builder was "Under Promise and Over Deliver" - give people reasonable expectations. If I thought I was going to get something in a week and it took a month I would be a bit upset, I am very frugal with my dollars, but try not to be stupid either if I can get a good rope at decent price and it takes a month to get - I am good with that. I came to looking at the Olympus Off Road winch ropes from a referral from a guy in my jeep club who is happy with his.

I appreciate you reaching out to me in a PM and after chatting with you I will probably go forward on a purchase through you. I will use the crap out of my rope (dragging JK's through the mud behind me... LOL) and will report back on quality and customer service.

Bryan

Last edited:
So Olympus PM'd me as well last week after posting on this thread. I absolutely appreciated that. Told him what I wanted and said they would get me pricing. Was all but committed to purchasing from them. I never heard back with any pricing or lead time.

Why go out of your way to PM me then not follow through? In the end I went with another company.

Last edited:
So Olympus PM'd me as well last weak after posting on this thread. I absolutely appreciated that. Told him what I wanted and said they would get me pricing. Was all but committed to purchasing from them. I never heard back with any pricing or lead time.

Why go out of your way to PM me then not follow through? In the end I went with another company.

That's what he does. He's all talk when he's in the hot seat but he never follows through.

Every. Single. Time.

I understand prices change, even more so when it was a sale price. I just got a Warn M12000 and SOLD my daughter my Warn 8000xi, I started looking for a new rope for myself to reduce some weight and really started thinking I would feel much better if my daughter had Synthetic rope for safety as well (Early Birthday Present for her).

I also own my own business, and realize you can "please some of the people some of the time, but near impossible to please all the people all the time" One thing I learned when doing customer service for a large home builder was "Under Promise and Over Deliver" - give people reasonable expectations. If I thought I was going to get something in a week and it took a month I would be a bit upset, I am very frugal with my dollars, but try not to be stupid either if I can get a good rope at decent price and it takes a month to get - I am good with that. I came to looking at the Olympus Off Road winch ropes from a referral from a guy in my jeep club who is happy with his.

I appreciate you reaching out to me in a PM and after chatting with you I will probably go forward on a purchase through you. I will use the crap out of my rope (dragging JK's through the mud behind me... LOL) and will report back on quality and customer service.

Bryan

Did you make the order?

So Olympus PM'd me as well last week after posting on this thread. I absolutely appreciated that. Told him what I wanted and said they would get me pricing. Was all but committed to purchasing from them. I never heard back with any pricing or lead time.

???? You asked for a specific lead time and I told you I could not meet that. I sent several pm's and I didn't take your order specifically because of the required delivery date.
Why would I want to take an order if I know it wont be there in time..

Did you make the order?

Yup and actually 10 people have directly related to this thread ;)

Ill be talking with the site mods to setup a vendor account as its not fair that this thread generated the sales it did and NAXJA not get paid. We did not renew as a vendor but I feel based on the sales they deserve their cut.

Last edited:
???? You asked for a specific lead time and I told you I could not meet that. I sent several pm's and I didn't take your order specifically because of the required delivery date.
Why would I want to take an order if I know it wont be there in time..

LOL You are on one bud. Your last reply was.
"I'd have to check stock. We have a warehouse in socal so if it is there that's not a problem. As far as differences it depends on the light. We use true chips not cheap knock offs. We use our pure copper boards vs the cheap rexylced silca boards but again it just depends on the light. I'll check our Cali stock and let you know what we have there ready to go"

I followed up on Monday with "Any luck" and never heard back.

There is a vendor account and you logged into it after I posted a link in this thread.

LOL You are on one bud. Your last reply was.
"I'd have to check stock. We have a warehouse in socal so if it is there that's not a problem. As far as differences it depends on the light. We use true chips not cheap knock offs. We use our pure copper boards vs the cheap rexylced silca boards but again it just depends on the light. I'll check our Cali stock and let you know what we have there ready to go"

I followed up on Monday with "Any luck" and never heard back.

I must have you confused with a different person. I thought you needed it there by tomorrow. I couldn't 100% guarantee that so I didn't want an order placed if the deadline that was needed could not be met with certainty. Sorry.

You have what you need ordered so that's all that matters is it not?

Sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me. My apology for the confusion.

Last edited:

Ill be talking with the site mods to setup a vendor account as its not fair that this thread generated the sales it did and NAXJA not get paid. We did not renew as a vendor but I feel based on the sales they deserve their cut.

:thumbup:

Wow, 10 people have ordered based on a thread created to bring negative things to light. That's incredible... Almost too good to be true. I look forward to hearing that you've made an effort to renew your vendor account.

I must have you confused with a different person. I thought you needed it there by tomorrow. I couldn't 100% guarantee that so I didn't want to you to place your order if the deadline that was needed could not be met with certainty. Sorry.

You have what you need ordered so that's all that matters is it not?

Sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me. My apology for the confusion.

Surprise surprise. Glad to see you've apologized. I'm sure you'll never let that happen again.

Wow, 10 people have ordered based on a thread created to bring negative things to light. That's incredible... Almost too good to be true. I look forward to hearing that you've made an effort to renew your vendor account.
Surprise surprise. Glad to see you've apologized. I'm sure you'll never let that happen again.

I'm not sure how to respond to you on your posts, but yes there have been 10 orders that have been in reference to this thread. Just because a few people have an opinion does not mean reality is what it is. We just crossed shipping 400 ropes this month... so. I don't know what to tell you.

I already sent an email about the vendor account. The simple fact is we generated business off this site and thread. I feel it is more than fair to compensate even if we are not actively promoting here.

Maybe you should spend less time trying to look good on the forums and more time putting in orders , then the happy people that you sold too would say nice things on the forums . :D

Back