• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympus Offroad - Anyone bought from them?

PM sent..

Don't waste your time. We've done this same song and dance on three different occasions before today. It's clear that you have no intentions of sending me anything.

After seeing the product that you promised me in person on another persons rig I don't care to get it anyway.

Don't waste your time. We've done this same song and dance on three different occasions before today. It's clear that you have no intentions of sending me anything.

After seeing the product that you promised me in person on another persons rig I don't care to get it anyway.

Okie Dokie!

Everything can always be better no doubt about that. Feel free to pass along any other suggestions.

In response to your question on the diameter. Im posting my response I sent in PM

When Rope is produced you purchase a specific size dy to spin the rope. For the Spidersilk the process if a little different. The dye is actually a 1/2" dye and the rope is ran through loser to allow the outer weave to be intertwined into the inner section. If you run it all together the rope would be over 1//2" thick so refining the process allows for extreme compression of the inner material. The final dye is a 7/16" die and is kept in spec via digital calipers. ...

As Far as information I hired a new Graphic designer recently and he is making Brochures and marketing material that helps answer questions like this and provide more detailed information ...

As a matter of constructive criticism it would be a good idea to have someone, perhaps that new Graphic Designer, check your spelling. It took me a bit to figure out what on earth your choice of dyes would have to do with the diameter of the rope. Since when does color affect diameter? Oh. You mean a "die". Now it makes sense.

I am for running ropes through losers. Around the neck and over a tree might be simpler however. But I suppose you were talking about a "looser" rope. So much for my high hopes.

Words mean things. Use them carefully. Otherwise someone will use them against you.

As a matter of constructive criticism it would be a good idea to have someone, perhaps that new Graphic Designer, check your spelling. It took me a bit to figure out what on earth your choice of dyes would have to do with the diameter of the rope. Since when does color affect diameter? Oh. You mean a "die". Now it makes sense.

I am for running ropes through losers. Around the neck and over a tree might be simpler however. But I suppose you were talking about a "looser" rope. So much for my high hopes.

Words mean things. Use them carefully. Otherwise someone will use them against you.

I was walking through an airport on my phone.. But your correct. :)

Fair is Fair

I did try to edit but I could not figure out where to do it from my phone..

Guy is trying to salvage his company's image...

I'm usually at the front of the line to call out people I think are being disengenous or taking advantage... I'm not really seeing it here.

I did get a PM in response to my issue and he seems willing to work it out.

Nice response

I'll bet this thread gets you a lot of new business....

:dunce:

what would you prefer he responded with? obviously they have a disagreement about something, lowrange chose to tell him to **** off. frankly "okie dokie" is a valid response to that IMO. regardless of who is at fault.

meh, I understood what he said. they teach concept clues and basic reading comprehension in elementary school. that's all it takes to decipher a few spelling errors.

He's a few years too late for that endeavor.

It's never too late. the fact that he is willing to come in here, where we all know and he knows, that he wont get a friendly reception and try and resolve an issue shows me at least he is maybe willing to try.

I would like to see him with a Vendor account, but he didn't start a thread selling something so I'm not that broken up about it.

what would you prefer he responded with? obviously they have a disagreement about something, lowrange chose to tell him to **** off. frankly "okie dokie" is a valid response to that IMO. regardless of who is at fault.

Good question
Read back a bit...
After it was mentioned that three times he made that promise and didn't follow thru the poster said forget it.
The following caviler 'okey dokey' was in my opinion a big FU.
Nothing should've been said by him and he quietly sends the lights he promised anyway. THAT would've shown me he was trying.

But hey, it's a free country and you can spend your $'s where you please.

It's never too late. the fact that he is willing to come in here, where we all know and he knows, that he wont get a friendly reception and try and resolve an issue shows me at least he is maybe willing to try.

I would like to see him with a Vendor account, but he didn't start a thread selling something so I'm not that broken up about it.

When those promises are never actually followed through then you'll likely change your opinion.

Seems like he had a vendor account at some point. I could be wrong though.

Good question
Read back a bit...
After it was mentioned that three times he made that promise and didn't follow thru the poster said forget it.
Nothing should've been said by him and he quietly sends the lights he promised anyway. THAT would've shown me he was trying.

I have no idea what happened back channel.

I just know that so many times the story that gets written on the forum is so far from the actual truth that I don't take anything at face value.

but really, I don't care what their issue was/is

the simple fact is, in this thread, Lowrange2 said "don't waste your time" and a "well **** you then" would have been warranted. "okie dokie" was far more civil.

Good question
Read back a bit...

Opinion are like ..... (insert whatever here) Everybody has them. So in fairness when viewing something from one point of view it may or may not be the truth.

I sent him a pm

"Hey i'm not sure who you are but can you fill me in on what your referring to? If we missed something id be happy to take care of it.

-Daniel"

__________________-

He responded with

"No you wouldn't. We've had this conversation at least 3 different times. Every time you've said the same thing and nothing ever changes. It's fine though. I get it. After seeing the product you promised me in person, I don't really want it anyway."

I still am not sure who he is or what is going on so when he replied.. a simple " okie dokie" is about all I can say.. I don't know who he is and if I forgot i am sorry. in fairness I got messed up pretty bad summer 2014 and forgot a lot of stuff that year so if I did i am sorry. I did try to reach out and there is nothing more I can do past that.

Hmmmmm, last week I was going to order (2) of his random color synthetic ropes @ $115 each for my daughters jeep and my jeep, next day they rose to @ $140 - my fault for not jumping on it at the lower price.

As I was searching today for a coupon or forum discount I ran into this thread, now I am not sure whether I should order them or not.

Decisions Decisions......

Muhdunno. I wish I could comment on the rope itself but I still haven't found myself in a stupid situation so it hasn't even been used yet. It looks and feels like a very good rope. I wish they'd gusseted the eyelet.
I figure for $115 or $140, it's hard to go wrong if it gets you out of 2 or 3 big pulls and anything beyond that is just gravy.
If you do order them, let us know how your experience with customer service/shipping is. That was really my only complaint and maybe they've got it fixed.

Hmmmmm, last week I was going to order (2) of his random color synthetic ropes @ $115 each for my daughters jeep and my jeep, next day they rose to @ $140 - my fault for not jumping on it at the lower price.

As I was searching today for a coupon or forum discount I ran into this thread, now I am not sure whether I should order them or not.

Decisions Decisions......

I'm in the same boat. Was just looking at a light bar and some Pods. I was trying to find a coupon code. Every time I find a company I think i'm about to go with I find threads like this. I Always hear the same thing, long lead times, bad follow up, unresponsive and unsupportive.

The big thing is people rarely go out of their way to post when things go well or they are satisfied with a company. Even with that said it's still pretty discouraging.

I understand what I'm getting with Chinese lights so it looks like Amazon is the way to go. Only guarantee that I won't have issues when I need to send it back.

That or pony up for Rigid or Baja designs

Back